Marvin Speaks About 2010 Bengals

Sea Ray

I found this piece interesting seeing as Marvin rarely says anything of value:

CINCINNATI -- Former starting quarterback Carson Palmer quit on the Bengals during the last season, according to an Internet report.

Yahoo Sports quoted head coach Marvin Lewis, who told reporters that Palmer gave up on the team before the end of a disappointing 2010 season that saw the Bengals lose 10 straight games to finish 4-12.

"At what point did Carson quit?" Lewis is quoted as saying, paraphrasing a reporter's question. "At some point last year he decided he didn't want to be here. This didn't happen at the end of the season. There was a point earlier on when he said, 'This isn't the place for me.' "

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/sports/29604019/detail.html#ixzz1c0fIjn1e

Marvin wasn't the only one talking:

He did not specify which other Bengals were among that group, and neither is a team official quoted as saying such players were no longer with the team.

"We got rid of all our (expletive)," the unnamed official said.

Some notable departures from last season, in addition to Palmer, are wide receivers Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, cornerback Johnathan Joseph, middle linebacker Dhani Jones and defensive end Antwan Odom.

Interesting...

Well I doubt it was Joseph since they are trying their hardest to get him to come back. Honestly I doubt it was Dhani because he wanted to come back this year but the Bengals never called. With as much money as Dhani makes out of football he didn't really even need to play but kept waiting for the call until he finally retired.

Well I doubt it was Joseph since they are trying their hardest to get him to come back. Honestly I doubt it was Dhani because he wanted to come back this year but the Bengals never called. With as much money as Dhani makes out of football he didn't really even need to play but kept waiting for the call until he finally retired.

Agreed. I think it was Chad, Carson and TO. I also think Marvin was frustrated with Odom never being healthy

Agreed. I think it was Chad, Carson and TO. I also think Marvin was frustrated with Odom never being healthy

Odom became the poster boy for steroids and disappointment his first season. When you take steroids you can pump up all the muscles you want, but all it does is put more strain on your ligaments and tendons. His achilles snapped like a dry rotted rubber band. Then when he got off the juice he was never the same. I wish there was a way for teams to go back sue players for false representation when they are found to have used PEDs.

BallBreaker

Odom became the poster boy for steroids and disappointment his first season. When you take steroids you can pump up all the muscles you want, but all it does is put more strain on your ligaments and tendons. His achilles snapped like a dry rotted rubber band. Then when he got off the juice he was never the same. I wish there was a way for teams to go back sue players for false representation when they are found to have used PEDs.

Odom was never high profile enough to become the poster boy for steroids, that honor will go to none other than Shawne Merriman. What's funny is that he went on IR this week for an achilles injury. Nice to hear Marvin speaking out about something that every Bengal fan already knew. That rebuttal column that Daughtery wrote was dumb to me, just because Carson never spoke out against the team doesn't give him a free pass for quitting on the team. The so called leader of the team quit on the team, it would have been one thing if he came back this year and they had Chad and the other malcontents on the team but they cleared it out and he still refused to come back. Best thing that could have happened to us, gave us a big push in the right direction I will give him credit for that because they would have stuck his sorry butt in there for the next four years if he wouldn't have quit on them.

All i know is this was never a team with those fools on this squad. Anytime anybody quits through midway of the season is a loser in my book, and all i know is im happy they are gone. Maybe now this team can learn to be a football team, and work as one, and so far i think they have been doing a good job at that. Marvin can finally just coach, and not have to babysit what the others are doing.

All i know is this was never a team with those fools on this squad. Anytime anybody quits through midway of the season is a loser in my book, and all i know is im happy they are gone. Maybe now this team can learn to be a football team, and work as one, and so far i think they have been doing a good job at that. Marvin can finally just coach, and not have to babysit what the others are doing.

Preach It!

Chad was fun while it lasted but it got old after 4 or 5 years.

TO was a disaster. No he didn't go all Philly on us and destroy our team by talking to the media but he was a distraction and a route quitter and alligator arm receiver.

And I really don't want to spend any more of my life on Carson the Quitter. I'm happy he's no longer on this team and we got such a bounty for him. I was done with him after the 08-09 season.