Why watch if it's that miserable?

walzav29

I was reading DOC's article today,http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110720/COL03/307200073/Doc-Do-you-care-when-NFL-s-here-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals and I don't get why people follow the Bengals if it's that torturous. Don't get me wrong. This organization is really bad, and I've vented frustrations a million times. But no one has a gun to my head. You can support any team you want. Paul D. seems like he's had it with covering the Bengals. Can't he get a job in Cleveland? Mike Brown will not change. The Bengals will never stop signing criminals as long as he's in charge. It's just a fact. I can't blame anyone but myself. I've dropped Directv, but I'll still follow these knuckleheads.

I will complain where it's appropriate, but will still follow the Bengals.

Complaining and wanting accountability within the organization doesn't make you a bad fan.

If it truly becomes a problem in your life, then just walk away.

For as big of a football fan as I am, it's just not that serious in my life.

I've got other things to consume my time and other things to stress.

I agree with you. Doesn't Daugherty seem miserable though? I get tired of the athlete gets too much and a teacher gets layed off argument. I mean Shirley Temple and Clarke Gable were making fat cash during the Great Depression. I hope he gets to transfer out of the sports department. He's burnt out on Bengal-Aid.

....I don't get why people follow the Bengals if it's that torturous. Don't get me wrong. This organization is really bad, and I've vented frustrations a million times. But no one has a gun to my head. You can support any team you want.

My thoughts exactly. If it all proves to be too much to endure....don't.

Move on.

It couldn't be easier.

Or do what I do.

Whenever I conclude the team is unworthy of serious interest OR is unable to provide me with a positive form of escapism styled entertainment.....I self limit how much time I spend discussing OR even thinking about dem' Bengals.

My brothers, I say, resist the urge to react negatively to each and every percieved failure or transgression. Resist the urge to curse every move made, good or bad, simply because you've lost hope. Resist the urge to fill your mouth with sand and stones while you insanely shout at and curse the unstoppable incoming surf.

Instead, chill. Begin your search for your inner peace. Achieve true slack. Find your bliss and then seduce it. Take it from behind...if that's what does it for you. Cast off your pink trappings and join Bob and his followers at the Church of Subgenius! An eternity filled with slack awaits those of you who act or donate now, before the arrival of the Stark Fist of Removal.

:huh:

But if all of the above is too much for some of you, well......I admit there are easier ways to deal with your frustration. For example, you might attempt to change the subject whenever the negative state of all things Bengal is being discussed. (See above.) Or you could turn away from the Bengals and devote more energy towards other forms of substitute stimuli like baseball, drugs, booze, competitive cornhole, drugs, food, drugs again, or religion. (See above.)

Whatever. Cope or nope. Just do whatever you need to do to have a fun Bengal experience....or walk away.

You were the one that started "Fans Against the Looming Lockout" right?

Yes. Your welcome. I saved the season. The deal should be done tomorrow.

Seriously though. I quit FB altogether. The thing that struck me is I couldn't get any ex-players to get involved. I figured current players and rookies wouldn't. I thought that if players got involved that would spark more football fan interest. I'm just glad a deal is almost done.

You were the one that started "Fans Against the Looming Lockout" right?

Yes. Your welcome. I saved the season. The deal should be done tomorrow.

Seriously though. I quit FB altogether. The thing that struck me is I couldn't get any ex-players to get involved. I figured current players and rookies wouldn't. I thought that if players got involved that would spark more football fan interest. I'm just glad a deal is almost done.

I'm just busting your balls. The same reasons that you're complaining about PD are the same reasons you took action. All in all, you're right about the article. However, the fact remains if we didn't care, and could turn it off, then we wouldn't write about it, read about it, post about it, and most importantly watch it.

We're all guilty a**h***s.

Whats funny is if Dalton turns out to be great, and the Bengals rid of there me only players, and the Bengals start winning again everybody will forgot all of this. Just makes me laugh and your right nobody is holding a gun to any fans head, like who you want, i just choose to like the Bengals. Just start winning and everybody will forget about the losing.

I love football.

I love the Bengals.

I love talking about football.

I love coming to post here and discuss things.

I will continue to do everything I always do in regards to my football "habit".

That being said, I always find my time away from football and the board, due to whatever reason might cause that, to be very peaceful.

There was a time last season where I didn't see a game for a couple of weeks and didn't post that much while I processed out of the Army.

I thought I would hate not being able to watch the game and then come here afterward.

Just the opposite was true, I was relaxed and enjoyed some good family time.

GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL TO START BACK UP !!!

I think it's a sickness.