Von Miller

Takeo51

Sorry in advance if this has been discussed, I must have missed it.

There's a very good chance LB Von Miller will still be there at our 4th pick in this year's draft. Not sure why I haven't seriously considered it to this point, but now think it could be the right pick at strong side LB coupled with the move of Rey to the middle. Imagine Von Rey Keith in Stripes....wow! Better than the Takeo Spikes / Brian Simmons years and potentially or very likely the best young and agressive LB group in the league.

I'd love Dareus but he'll be gone, not yet sold on Gabbert and get sick at the thought of the entertainer-icon Newton. I believe A.J. may be the pick followed closely by Fairley although I'd take Peterson before Fairley.

Surprisingly enough Miller could be the pick that makes the most sense.

I also feel our QB conundrom could feasibly be resolved with a trade for Kolb of a combination or swap of the plethora of next year's draft picks we'll have stockpiled from the shocking development of MB coming around and actually trading Carson and Chad.

A bridge type veteran WR in eventual free agency pickup will be necessary.

Talk about it, lol.

I certainly think it's an option that should be considered. It would give us all kinds of playmaking at linebacker, but then again, it's not a need. However, I would bring more pass rush, just from a different spot. You can never have too many linebackers.

They already have Brandon Johnson, who is a free agent that should be brought back to start.

Couple that with Muckelroy from last year the coaches are really high on and I just can't envision Miller's selection.

The reason I like Miller being there at #4 is what he could possibly bring in a trade down.

The Cowboys are said to be very interested.

Exactly my point. We would fare much better in a trade down. My target ??

Robert Quinn...

The main reason I give the edge to the WR is that it enables us to both unload Chad and get an extra pick next year (or box of tape), and to me that's an offseason priority, albeit a year late.

Exactly my point. We would fare much better in a trade down. My target ??

Robert Quinn...

The main reason I give the edge to the WR is that it enables us to both unload Chad and get an extra pick next year (or box of tape), and to me that's an offseason priority, albeit a year late.

Only one year too late, huh? You're far too easy on them! :lmao:

There's a very good chance LB Von Miller will still be there at our 4th pick in this year's draft. Not sure why I haven't seriously considered it to this point, but now think it could be the right pick at strong side LB coupled with the move of Rey to the middle. Imagine Von Rey Keith in Stripes....wow! Better than the Takeo Spikes / Brian Simmons years and potentially or very likely the best young and agressive LB group in the league.

I'd love Dareus but he'll be gone, not yet sold on Gabbert and get sick at the thought of the entertainer-icon Newton. I believe A.J. may be the pick followed closely by Fairley although I'd take Peterson before Fairley.

I find myself unable to make any serious criticism of Miller and consider him to be the player who has risen fastest and highest of all of the prospects in this draft. But after months of trying I still find myself unable to make the proper fit with Miller and the Bengals. Nutshelled, I see an outstanding 3-4 prospect.

FWIW, Von Miller sill isn't on my short list. In fact, if given the choice between Von Miller and Robert Quinn I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.

I find myself unable to make any serious criticism of Miller and consider him to be the player who has risen fastest and highest of all of the prospects in this draft. But after months of trying I still find myself unable to make the proper fit with Miller and the Bengals. Nutshelled, I see an outstanding 3-4 prospect.

FWIW, Von Miller sill isn't on my short list. In fact, if given the choice between Von Miller and Robert Quinn I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.

just curious Hair, would you take Quinn over Julio at Dallas's pick if a trade down were to occur?

just curious Hair, would you take Quinn over Julio at Dallas's pick if a trade down were to occur?

Yup.

FWIW, I've felt a little out of step this entire draft, but with 3 weeks to go my own personal #4 short list looks like this.

1 - AJ Green (IMHO he's better than Julio Jones in every meaningful way.)

2 - Robert Quinn (I've always prefered Bowers over Quinn, but I can no longer ignore the medical stuff. Thus, I drop Bowers and pencil in the name of Quinn)

3 - Patrick Peterson (Oddly enough, I don't love him, and include him only because of BPA)

* - Gabbert?!?