Mike Singletary fired in 'Frisco

Too bad we already have a D-Coordinator, otherwise I would really like Singletary for that position. I don't think it was his record that got him fired because 18-22 in 2 1/2 season isn't terrible...Not great, but coaches with worse winning percentages (including Marvin) still have jobs. It was more the way he handled certain situations (see flipping out on the sidelines of games, mooning the team) and the problems he had with players at times (see Vernon Davis, Alex Smith). I think Singletary can make a good Head Coach someday, he just isn't ready yet. That said, it should be pretty easy for him to find a job as a D-Coordinator

i think his D was overrated. passing defence was shoddy, and the rushing defence was decent only because of Patrick Willis.

But wait he had the high-motor guy Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks too. :rolleyes:

BTW, what was all of the ruckus with him on the side line on Sunday. I saw the video clip but never heard what it was about.

For the player to be Troy Smith is just comical when thinking about it. Smith wasn't the starter at the beginning of the season, was forced into action due to injury, and could very well not get a single snap next season. THAT'S the guy he wants to be the nail in his coaching coffin ?? Just stupid as a head coach.

Honestly, I liked his demeanor to a degree, but like most things there has to be moderation and that just didn't seem to be the case with him.

Honestly, I liked his demeanor to a degree, but like most things there has to be moderation and that just didn't seem to be the case with him.

Kinda like when Ted Williams was the manager of the Senators in DC. One of the greatest players but didn't have the patience and understanding that his players couldn't, wouldn't or weren't capable of doing the things that just came natural to him.