Sunday morning sports talk

cincyhokie

Sorry, I meant "Sunday Morning Sports Talk".

Go to www.700wlw.com

Good stuff talking about Palmer and the Bengals future. Stays on until 12 noon I believe.

So far the consensus from Ken Broo and the callers is keep Palmer, upgrade the line and skill positions. Can Brat. Letting go of Palmer sets the franchise way back if they insert a rookie QB.

Letting go of Palmer sets the franchise way back

And keeping him go does what? Maintain the record number of interceptions? :blink:

I know it's easy to look on the surface and reflect on his bad play as a reason this team is struggling. But the point is that until the offensive system is fixed, the o-line is fixed, and the WR's are fixed...you could bring in Tom Brady and we're not getting any better!

It's talking about priorities. Can't fix it all in one year. Completely scraping the entire thing is foolish.

Tune in. Good conversation.

Ken Broo has a good point.

"It's alot more complex than throwing one guy out and putting another one in. It's not fantasy football."

Fox sports analyst points to Palmer's lack of velocity on his throws. Also, concedes that structural changes on the offense need to be made before simply letting Palmer go.

There's something that keeps getting pointed out but I was too young to remember.

From 1976-1980 Ken Anderson's numbers SIGNIFICANTLY declined. Really hitting rock bottom in 1980. The Bengals drafted Jack Thompson. He fizzled.

In 1981, guess what the Bengals do? Draft some OL studs to include Anthony Munoz and Max Montoya. Anderson's numbers absolutely jump in 1981. A Superbowl season.

Check out the stats.

/>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeKe00.htm

Completely scraping the entire thing is foolish.

Not if Mike Brown also gets scrapped, but I'm just tripping here. :rolleyes:

Sad but true, isn't it? I'd take MB stepping down over any offseason move. And it's not even close.

I'd keep Mikey, if they would just can BRAT!

There's something that keeps getting pointed out but I was too young to remember.

From 1976-1980 Ken Anderson's numbers SIGNIFICANTLY declined. Really hitting rock bottom in 1980. The Bengals drafted Jack Thompson. He fizzled.

In 1981, guess what the Bengals do? Draft some OL studs to include Anthony Munoz and Max Montoya. Anderson's numbers absolutely jump in 1981. A Superbowl season.

Check out the stats.

http://www.pro-footb.../A/AndeKe00.htm

He tanked after the 1975 season when PB retired and Bill Walsh moved on after getting snubbed for the HC job. They upgraded the line, as you mentioned, and they brought in Forrest Gregg as HC who then hired Lindy Infante as OC. Anderson led the league in passing in 1981 and 1982.

Marvin or no Marvin, Brat needs to go. Gotta keep it fresh. It's been stale for awhile.

Completely scraping the entire thing is foolish.

Not if Mike Brown also gets scrapped, but I'm just tripping here. :rolleyes:

Sad but true, isn't it? I'd take MB stepping down over any offseason move. And it's not even close.

I'd keep Mikey, if they would just can BRAT!

News flash. Mike is the reason Brat is still here.

Check out the stats.

http://www.pro-footb.../A/AndeKe00.htm

He tanked after the 1975 season when PB retired and Bill Walsh moved on after getting snubbed for the HC job. They upgraded the line, as you mentioned, and they brought in Forrest Gregg as HC who then hired Lindy Infante as OC. Anderson led the league in passing in 1981 and 1982.

Marvin or no Marvin, Brat needs to go. Gotta keep it fresh. It's been stale for awhile.

Good points.