Bengals vs. Bucs - Week 5

jjakq27

Wow were to begin. I thought about merging a bunch of the current threads but it's kind hard to integrate them together based on the subject matter and size of some of the threads.

Feel free to post here if it's not specific to one of the others.

Observations:

-Carson's pick six was inexcusable.

-Bengals should have been up by more than 7 at the end of the game.

-I don't really want to blame the refs but there were a few calls that made me raise an eyebrow to put it mildly.

-Chad and TO need to realize their job is to catch the ball. Acquiring TO has been worth the risk but he still has the dropsies. Chad is afraid of any kind of contact, including the ground. TO needed to fight for that ball and Chad needs to stop with the ballerina moves and learn how to run a route properly and maintain his balance.

-The drive when Benson scored the two-pointer might have been the funnest drive of the season. The team was rolling and the fans were pumped. At that point I thought the game was over.

-Something is obviously missing. Whether it is the game plan, style of offense, ability to put teams away, inability to handle last year's success or lack of preparation is the mystery.

The season isn't over but it's getting close. Last year's team makes those one or two plays to beat the Browns and the Bucs and be there at 4-1. For this year's team, it's a different matter.

Your running back is averaging 9 yards per carry at that point in the game and 3rd and 1 you throw the ball...really? and then you do it again 3rd and 2 after failing on the previous 3rd and 1? Re-freaking-diculous.

the end of the game defies explanation so I am going to forget it even happened. The Carson Pick Six was also inexcusable. You bury the offense at the 1 yard line and then you give up a 61 yard run to Ernest Graham....Ernest Graham, really? I thought he retired in 1995. Partially Blocked Punt mars what might have been a decent special teams outing, that Huber punt was huge.

Whether Marvin is fired or not, this team will have a new HC next year but the major problem will remain, the Bengals don't run a professional organization, better scouts, better drafts, better GM.

The new coach will be Zimmer, but the real question is. Who will the new OC be? Who are potential candidates?

I present my two leading candidates:

1. Darrell Bevell / Vikings OC - Read more here.

2. Pete Carmichael / Saints OC - Read more here.

or, if we'd like to start with a new Head Coach, I have felt Bo Pelini is ready for a shot.

3. Bo Pelini / Head Coach Nebraska - Read more here.

The new coach will be Zimmer, but the real question is. Who will the new OC be? Who are potential candidates?

If they fire Marvin but keep Brat, what's the point?

I don't see what the downside would be to firing Brat now and let's get a peak of what Zampese can do. Then they can decide whether to offer him the fulltime job or not.

Looks like Hue is getting the job done in Oakland...

or, if we'd like to start with a new Head Coach, I have felt Bo Pelini is ready for a shot.

Why would the Minny or NO O-coordinator leave to come here in a lateral move?

Why would the Minny or NO O-coordinator leave to come here in a lateral move?

The path to a head coaching job. Hell, fire Marvin and make them the head coach. I'm not at all convinced Zimmer is a head coach.

Anyone think Marvin might move upstairs and become the GM while they promote Zimmer or bring someone else in?

Also does anyone think that the lack of a contract extension for Marvin might be affecting the team more than we can see on the surface. There just seems to be a lack of fire or focus. Something is lacking and I don't know what it is.