New standards

walzav29

I remember before Marvin took over. That all I wanted to see were the Bengals to just be competitive. Once they reached that mystical 8-8 mark I got greedy. I wanted playoffs. Then, I wanted a Super Bowl. What happend was. I forgot how horrible Mike Brown and this organization is. Shame on me, for treating them like a real franchise. I have a new Bengal Scale we can use. We'll just measure it against real teams like New England and Pittsburgh.

Realistic Bengal Chart. On one side will be the record for the Bengals and on the other will be how us Bengal fans should treat it. Since all hopes of a Championship are a waste of time.

8-8 - This will be like a real team making the playoffs! It's good, but we can do way better!

10-6 (playoffs) - This is like a real team going to the championship game! Remarkable season!

10-6 or better with a playoff win! - Thats a Bengal Super Bowl win! The end all be all of a Mike Brown led organization!! We were on the brink of winning it all last year!(For the Bengals)

Shame on me for having a glimmer of hope. Can't wait for the 2012 draft!

Rubbish. The Bengals failures before Marvin are no longer relevant to anything happening on the football field. The Bengals have been thoroughly average (average as in average, not as in bad) during Marvin's tenure of going on eight seasons.

Yes, obviously everyone wants the Bengals to be better than average more often. That they sucked ass in 1995 means nothing.

Look at Mike Browns history. Avg. is excellent under his watch.

What's your point? You loved Mikey's offseason prior to this year. I know he's a convenient figurehead upon which we can all level our final fingers of blame, but where's the damned logic in that?

There was one main thing that was not addressed this past offseason, and we are paying for it now (as we have been for years)....That Thing???? Getting a NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!! Bratkowski must have pictures of Mikey in women's underwear or something...I mean, he has to have something on him right? How the hell else could he have kept his job for 10 years?....10 years!!!!

Look at Mike Browns history. Avg. is excellent under his watch.

What's your point? You loved Mikey's offseason prior to this year. I know he's a convenient figurehead upon which we can all level our final fingers of blame, but where's the damned logic in that?

My point is I'm held hostage by this guy, because I love watching the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm gonna root for everything to work in the offseason. Has it?

Bratkowski must have pictures of Mikey in women's underwear or something...I mean, he has to have something on him right? How the hell else could he have kept his job for 10 years?....10 years!!!!

I swear to God I've posted similar. I cannot for the life of me understand it. At this point, I think we'd be better off assigning play call duties to some 15 year old who can beat Madden on 'All-Pro'. In a couple of weeks, you might talk me into 'Rookie'.

But it's more than that. Why hasn't this OL been drilled into submission on the penalties? Why hasn't Carson's mechanics and decisions been fixed? Don't those fall on the positional coaches too, in addition to Marvin and Brat?

Gitcher brooms, time to clean house.