Marvin or No Marvin

walzav29

Part of me is loyal to Marvin because of how bad the Bengals were before he got here. I know that he wanted to get rid of the questionable character guys. I think most of us agree that he would like to get rid of Chad and Brat. Mike Brown has not been 100% cooperative with him which has no doubt hurt. BUT!

The team never seems prepared, can't out-coach any team. Has the annual habit of playing down to competition throughout his career. The decision to rest players in 05 and last season before playoffs didn't work. He can't provide an identity. Maybe this is a situation like Tampa Bay. Where Dungy built the team and Gruden went to the Super Bowl. I'm just not sure. We'll find out though. As tough as the schedule is, the league is full of parity. The Bengals are 2-2, and are a game out of 1st. The proof will be in the pudding.

Anyone else notice that the Dolphins fired their special teams coach after that debacle last night?

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5651160

Oh, to see that kind of accountability around here!

I like Marvin, always have and always will. I think he is dealing with far greater impediments than most NFL Head Coaches, from what I have heard from the various newssources, he will be picked up in about a nanosecond by another team as a headcoach if he leaves the Bengals. The Bengals simply don't run a professional back office. All that being said, I don't think Marvin is our Head Coach next year, my prediction is that Brad Childress gets fired with the Vikes, Marvin becomes the HC of the Vikings and Zimmer is our HC next year, and I think we will miss Marvin when he is gone. He is asking for something the Browns simply aren't willing to give, a substantial say in personnel decisions, without it Marvin won't sign an extention.