Does Palmer Have Confidence?

walzav29

I know the QB challenge doesn't mean !@$@, but did anyone else get the impression that Carson is not very confident? Boomer seemed to have more confidence than he did, and he never seemed to want to fight for the starting job last year. Plus he doesn't seem that sharp. I guess he fell for every rookie practical joke there was. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm wondering if he's has a touch of a dork with low confidence in him. Please convince me other wise!

i was thinking the same thing while watching, but i think a look at his college career will prove otherwise. that guy withstood large pressure at a major football university, and performed well. that has to be an indicator.

i think we were just seeing his personality come through. very quiet, laid back, etc. my guess would be that he does a complete 180 during a game.

Palmer may be putting too much pressure on himself because come on, have you heard the crap he has to hear? "Carson's going to take us to the next level" "Carson will be great", blah blah blah. He's playing with so much expected of him so he's probably putting a little too much pressure on himself. Hopefully he'll be fine, but the expectations expected of him; that's a tall order to fulfill.

Palmer may be putting too much pressure on himself because come on, have you heard the crap he has to hear? "Carson's going to take us to the next level" "Carson will be great", blah blah blah. He's playing with so much expected of him so he's probably putting a little too much pressure on himself. Hopefully he'll be fine, but the expectations expected of him; that's a tall order to fulfill.

Thats very true.

Maybe the Palmer just needs to ignore what people say and go out there and show what he can do because we all know he has talent and can be a great QB in the NFL level.

In the drill after the bomb throwing contest. He did a forward pitch. Boomer said, "what was that?" He just looked timid the whole time.

yeah, but they were commenting on how all of the qbs were doing that. they weren't just letting lose.

understandable in the artificial environment they were playing in.

this was taped in April, b4 the training camp even started, so i wouldn't base too much on that... what i saw that i liked is that he is agile, and can throw a very pretty bomb...

Boiler vs. Palmer... what a mismatch... there best player to throw to is todd heap and a couple of washed up, average WR's... Palmer has Johnson, Warrick, and Washington along w/ whoever is the TE (probably Schobel)...

I think Carson Palmer is going to lead us straight into a bad start. I thought that management made a HUGE mistake drafting him in the first place, seeing as he was horribly overrated at USC and continues to be overrated now, and with the numbers that Kitna put up last year, there is no reason for him to be in that spot other than management doesn't want a $50 million player riding pine.

I have had many conversations with my friends about this, and I see Palmer getting the boot around week 5-6. All it will take is a couple of losses to get the fans grumbling, and I think that he will do his best to provide those.

He sucked the bad thing in that QB Challenge. I was embarassed for him and his family.

May God Bless Jon Kitna.

seeing as he was horribly overrated at USC and continues to be overrated now

What makes you say that?

He's got an extremely strong arm and is generally a highly accurate passer. He has great reads on a defense and knows when to scramble, when to throw it away and when to take risks. He's smart, athletic and has the support of the team.

I can't wait to see Palmer play for real, myself. We start off with a pretty cushy schedual... no better time to see what the man can do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Kitna was good more because of the talent surrounding him than he was based on his own ability.

I think Carson Palmer is going to lead us straight into a bad start. I thought that management made a HUGE mistake drafting him in the first place, seeing as he was horribly overrated at USC and continues to be overrated now, and with the numbers that Kitna put up last year, there is no reason for him to be in that spot other than management doesn't want a $50 million player riding pine.

I have had many conversations with my friends about this, and I see Palmer getting the boot around week 5-6. All it will take is a couple of losses to get the fans grumbling, and I think that he will do his best to provide those.

He sucked the bad thing in that QB Challenge. I was embarassed for him and his family.

May God Bless Jon Kitna.

Harsh words. Now back them up...

Why was he so overrated during his time at USC?

Why was he so horrible during the QB Challenge? Most of the qbs looked pretty bad at some point in the competition. I think you had a negative view of him going in, which magnified his mistakes in your eyes. He did happen to win one of the competitions, which makes you being embarrassed for Carson and his family a bit of a stretch. Don't forget about the positives, and the fact that the competition holds very little bearing upon how they perform in live game situations. At the very least you have to admit that he showed a very strong arm, which is something Kitna lacked.

Also, you see Palmer getting the boot around week 5 or 6? Do you really think Marvin would do that? You must be predicting some sort of colossal offensive implosion for that to happen.

May God Bless Jon Kitna.

jeff blake did great in QB challenges and look how that worked out :rolleyes:

He sucked the bad thing in that QB Challenge.

??? :blink: WTF??? How does winning the long ball competition and finishing around mid pack suck??? <_<

Listen man...it's obvious you're so pro-Kitna that you're wearing blinders.

If Carson has performed to a level so far that has impressed Willie Anderson so much that he publicly said so, then that's good enough for me.

Willie's a pro-bowler. He knows talent when he see's it. Why would you argue with Willie Anderson for chrissakes!?! I guess you think you know more about this than he?

Right. <_<

He's just hesitant about starting an unproven, no experience starting Quarterback. I've said it tons of times myself. I understand how he'd disregard high hopes about a player because how many times have we been shot down? It's a common trait in Bengal fans that you put your hopes on a player to make a drastic difference only to be disappointed.. again. I've said it all myself before. Hopefully Carson will change that feeling.. but I understand where BN comes from.

He's just hesitant about starting an unproven, no experience starting Quarterback. I've said it tons of times myself. I understand how he'd disregard high hopes about a player because how many times have we been shot down? It's a common trait in Bengal fans that you put your hopes on a player to make a drastic difference only to be disappointed.. again. I've said it all myself before. Hopefully Carson will change that feeling.. but I understand where BN comes from.

That's not hesistancy Kirk, that's libel.

This guy obviously has pre-concieved notions about Palmer before we even drafted him, and I'm getting the feeling that this guy wants nothing more than to see Palmer fail, which would be counter-productive for one, because as your QB goes, the whole team goes.....

Why can't you just be happy for him? Or at the very least, indifferent?

May God Bless Jon Kitna.

Holy s**tola!!!!

AND YOU GUYS THOUGHT I WAS PESSIMISTIC!!! This guy takes the cake.

Dude, are you saying this because you attend Jon INTna's church or something??? There's definitely motive behind this post.

:lol: