Where is Marvin's Extension?

rwalling

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bengals HC in 2011?

• Marvin
    • Zim
    • Somebody else

The update didn't mention anything about Mike being cheap. In fact It mentioned how plans for a practice facility were in place, but on hold do to the lack of a CBA.

C'mon, think McFly. What does the CBA have to do with Marvin's contract or a practice bubble? Dollars.

Well, if I'm McFly that sorta makes you Biff...the dumb guy who gets buried under a truckload of manure.

I find it hilarous how only a few posts ago you were yammering about Mike Brown being too cheap to build a practice bubble and how it might cost him the services of his head coach. Now you find out plans for a practice bubble are in place, but on hold due to labor unrest, which you admit you never bothered considering.

If you ask me this pre-bunched panty thing isn't working out so well for you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Reedy puts some much needed meat on James Walkers unadorned slice of bread...

Is Marvin Lewis's demand for an indoor practice facility causing a snag in his extension?

It's one piece of a giant puzzle. I hear there are plans for a bubble in place along with some stadium upgrades, but lack of a CBA and threat of a lockout have a lot of things on hold.

I think I said that a couple pages back.

Joe Reedy puts some much needed meat on James Walkers unadorned slice of bread...

Is Marvin Lewis's demand for an indoor practice facility causing a snag in his extension?

It's one piece of a giant puzzle. I hear there are plans for a bubble in place along with some stadium upgrades, but lack of a CBA and threat of a lockout have a lot of things on hold.

I enjoy a good display of back slapping as much as anyone, but no....you said nothing of the sort. You claimed the holdup was the result of Marvin lobbying for a practice bubble. Reedy claims the plans for a bubble are in place and held up only by the lack of a CBA and the threat of a lockout. So tell me why Lewis would stonewall over an issue he knows Mike Brown has little or no control over?

As for the idea that Brown himself is deliberately stonewalling so that he has no head coach in place after this season....I'm suddenly reminded how there was more than one person in the convertible when Biff crashed into the manure truck.

I enjoy a good display of back slapping as much as anyone, but no....you said nothing of the sort. You claimed the holdup was the result of Marvin lobbying for a practice bubble.

Nope. Go back and read. I was talking about the bubble as part of the professionalization of the franchise and money holdups related to the lack of a CBA. It's all on the first page.

I enjoy a good display of back slapping as much as anyone, but no....you said nothing of the sort. You claimed the holdup was the result of Marvin lobbying for a practice bubble.

Nope. Go back and read. I was talking about the bubble as part of the professionalization of the franchise and money holdups related to the lack of a CBA. It's all on the first page.

Oh but I did go back and read your remarks and as a result of doing so I remain wholly unimpressed.

Are you seriously claiming that Marvin Lewis refuses to agree to a contract extension simply because there's no practice bubble? Because if you're not then we slide right back to Joe Reedy's remark about the bubble being just one piece of a giant puzzle. A puzzle piece he claims is already planned for....and as a result isn't likely to be the source of any prolonged holdup.

Furthermore, Reedy says absolutely nothing about your companion crap theory regarding Mike Brown deliberately positioning the Bengals to be without a head coach after the season. Not to mention the fact that on other occasions you've claimed the holdup might be due to Marvin's modest won/loss record....thereby providing you with a handy backup back slapping opportunity should your current crap rant fall out of favor.

As for the bigger CBA rant, dozens of articles have been written about how he lack of an agreement is holding up NFL business dealings all across the land. All of those articles make very clear the situation the Bengals find themselves in isn't unique and has nothing to do with Mike Brown's spending habits. Furthermore, the idea that Brown might deliberately position the Bengals to be without a head coach due to his desire to pay no salary whatsoever conveniently ignores the facts. Specifically, how the Bengals approached Lewis about a contract extension, how they resumed talks a few weeks later, and how the two sides continue to talk about a new contract on an almost daily basis....as confirmed by Lewis himself.

I find it hilarous how only a few posts ago you were yammering about Mike Brown being too cheap to build a practice bubble and how it might cost him the services of his head coach. Now you find out plans for a practice bubble are in place, but on hold due to labor unrest, which you admit you never bothered considering.

Nope. I never addressed the bubble angle (reading is Fun-da-mental!) except to note that if that's getting hung up for the same reason as Marvin's deal, then that reason is $$$. In fact I've never been in the crowd clamoring for a bubble, primarily because I think those Nancy-boys should practice in the damn rain. But that's another story. In fact, I can't see Marvin balking over Mikey waiting until the CBA is signed to do the bubble *if* Mikey puts it in writing. I don't think that particular decision is so unreasonable. I dare say that if they've waited this long, I would also rather not add debt on the books with a lockout looming.

So there. Go check your slip, I think your ass is showing.

However- not signing a head coach, or letting (arguably) the best coach you've ever had walk because of a CBA? Now that's dumb. If I never 'bothered' considering the effect of labor unrest upon signing a coach, it's because I never imagined that Mikey's case of craniorectal implantation was so severe.

Nope. I never addressed the bubble angle (reading is Fun-da-mental!) except to note that if that's getting hung up for the same reason as Marvin's deal, then that reason is $$$.

So you claim you didn't...but then admit you did. And you then defend your deliberately vague stance by reminding others how you don't have any actual information, but if you did you're sure it would support whatever it is you did or didn't actually say.

Frankly, that's almost Hoosierian...lacking only the mandatory back slapping.

In fact I've never been in the crowd clamoring for a bubble, primarily because I think those Nancy-boys should practice in the damn rain. But that's another story.

Not really. At least not when you've argued that the lack of a bubble is some sort of proof that this franchise is incompetently run due to it's cheapness. Because in reality you clearly don't value a bubble all that much, yet that doesn't prevent you from offering some silly argument about the missing bubble being proof of Brown being foolishly cheap.

In fact, I can't see Marvin balking over Mikey waiting until the CBA is signed to do the bubble *if* Mikey puts it in writing. I don't think that particular decision is so unreasonable. I dare say that if they've waited this long, I would also rather not add debt on the books with a lockout looming.

Funny. After weeks of blasting Mike Brown's cheapness you finally stumble over a little information and quickly conclude he's doing things the right way.

Go check your slip, I think your ass is showing.

Currently, at this frozen moment in time, I fear nobody has a better view of my ass than you.

However- not signing a head coach, or letting (arguably) the best coach you've ever had walk because of a CBA? Now that's dumb.

Even dumber is repeatedly bemoaning an outcome that hasn't occured.

If I never 'bothered' considering the effect of labor unrest upon signing a coach, it's because I never imagined that Mikey's case of craniorectal implantation was so severe.

Physician, heal thyself. Or do you consider yourself to be so much smarter simply because you've found a way to shove your head up multiple asses at the same time?

So you claim you didn't...but then admit you did.

Wrong. Reedy claimed those things were related (pieces of a puzzle). I only pointed out that if they are, there's only one thing that could link them. Note the subtle logic sailing over your melon.

Not really. At least not when you've argued that the lack of a bubble is some sort of proof that this franchise is incompetently run due to it's cheapness. Because in reality you clearly don't value a bubble all that much, yet that doesn't prevent you from offering some silly argument about the missing bubble being proof of Brown being foolishly cheap.

You're confusing me with others. *If* Marvin claims he needs the bubble, then listen to the coach. However, I've always thought it silly that they need one. So I've stayed away from the Great Bubble Debate.

Funny. After weeks of blasting Mike Brown's cheapness you finally stumble over a little information and quickly conclude he's doing things the right way.

Bubble yes, coach no. Don't lump them together. You can get a bubble later, but if you cheap Marvin away, he's not coming back.

Even dumber is repeatedly bemoaning an outcome that hasn't occured.

And we're back at the whole 'lame duck' thing being an ill unto itself. Also the whole notion that if you get this close, it's still damn stupid. Sort of like the Cuban missile crisis that way.

So you claim you didn't...but then admit you did.

Wrong.

Wrong. In fact, you just admitted it when you wrote...."I never addressed the bubble angle except to note that...."

Reedy claimed those things were related (pieces of a puzzle). I only pointed out that if they are, there's only one thing that could link them. Note the subtle logic sailing over your melon.

By subtle logic are you referring to the staggering number of times you qualify your remarks with "ifs" or most recently "except when"? And since when is it considered logical to pre-bunch your panties over an outcome that hasn't been determined yet?

*If* Marvin claims he needs the bubble, then listen to the coach. However, I've always thought it silly that they need one. So I've stayed away from the Great Bubble Debate.

No, you haven't. All you've done is repeatedly use the bubble debate as a handy jumping off point for a silly rant about Mike Brown being foolishly cheap. Yet you place no value on the very item he's been reluctant to fund.

So is this another example of your subtle logic?

Don't lump them together. You can get a bubble later, but if you cheap Marvin away, he's not coming back.

So you get to indulge your silly cheap rant, but the very items being debated at the negotiating table are off limits? And again, what proof do you have that Mike is being cheap with Marvin? Nothing, right?

And we're back at the whole 'lame duck' thing being an ill unto itself.

Actually, we're not because I still don't see the harm. And there's the rub because you can't point to any damage or harm being inflicted. None. Rather, all you've got are your seemingly endless worries, a pair of pre-bunched panties, and a very silly rant about how something you don't value needs to be obtained as a sign of committment.

Also the whole notion that if you get this close, it's still damn stupid. Sort of like the Cuban missile crisis that way.

Ridiculous, but still a handy reminder. Happy Birthday Fidel Castro.