Wraith's Bengal Only Mock

Wraith

Assumptions:

No Bengal Trades (safe to assume because there haven't been any in recent years)

We get a 3rd rounder as compensation for TJ

Rd. 1 (21): Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho: Mauler with great feet, been called the surest thing after Suh in the entire draft, did the Bengals a world of good in the Senior Bowl by looking out of place at RT which keeps his draft stock in the upper teens low 20's

Rd. 2 (54): Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: Yeah I know Gresham was a sure thing first rounder 8 months ago but he hasn't played football for his entire senior season and TEs appear to be dropping in this draft. If he is unable to workout at 100% at the combine he could slip into the late 2nd which would be a tremendous gift to the Bengals because this guy is exactly what we need on offense. Great hands, great motor, smart, big, terrific in the redzone.

Rd.3a (84): Kam Chancellor, FS, Virginia Tech: Love, Love, Love this guy, big, creat hitter perfect size. A poor mans Taylor Mays.

Rd. 3b (96?): Brandon Lang, DE, Troy: A Demarcus Ware type, undersized edge rusher, situational guy but could give us more outside pass rush.

Rd. 4: Denario Alexander, WR, Missouri: Big red zone target, looked stiff at the senior bowl but on the field during the season has looked alot like Chris Henry without the off-the-field baggage. Led the Big 12 in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs with 113 receptions, 1780 yards, and 14 TDs in his senior season.

Rd. 5: Leigh Tiffin, K, Alabama: Best Kicker in the draft, nuff said.

Rd. 6: Myron Lewis, CB, Vandebilt: Versatile guy, Tall rangy corner with good ball skills. Might be a corner, might be a safety, would fit well with the Bengals in nickel and dime situations.

Rd. 7: Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana: Big Ten Freshman of the Year but has suffered through alot of injuries. Big, Strong, and good instints getting to the passer.

Depth Chart:

QB: C. Palmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, J. Palmer (3)

RB: C. Benson, B. Scott, B. Leonard (3)

FB: F. Vakapuna (1)

TE: J. Gresham, C. Coffman, C. Harris (2)

WR1: C. Johnson (awaiting name change after getting owned by Revis), F. Brown (2)

WR2: L. Coles, A. Caldwell (2)

WR3: D. Alexander, Q. Cosby (2)

LT: A. Whitworth, A. Collins (2)

LG: M. Iupati, E. Mathis (2)

C: K. Cook, J. Luigs (2)

RG: B. Williams, N. Livings (2)

RT: A. Smith, D. Roland (2)

RDE: A. Odom, M. Johnson, G. Middleton (3)

RDT: T. Johnson, C. MacDonald (2)

LDT: D. Peko, P. Sims (2)

LDE: R. Geathers, J. Fanene, B, Lang (3)

WOLB: K. Rivers, B. Johnson (2)

MLB: D. Jones, A. Hodge (2)

SOLB: R. Maualuga, R. Jeanty, B. Lang (2)

SS: R. Wiliams, C. Ndukwe (2)

FS: C. Crocker, K. Chancellor, K. Hebert (3)

RCB: L. Hall, M. Trent (2)

LCB: J. Joseph, M. Lewis (2)

P: K. Huber (1)

K: L. Tiffin (1)

LS: C. Harris (1)

Rd. 1 (21): Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho: Mauler with great feet, been called the surest thing after Suh in the entire draft, did the Bengals a world of good in the Senior Bowl by looking out of place at RT which keeps his draft stock in the upper teens low 20's

Guard works for me

Rd. 2 (54): Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: Yeah I know Gresham was a sure thing first rounder 8 months ago but he hasn't played football for his entire senior season and TEs appear to be dropping in this draft. If he is unable to workout at 100% at the combine he could slip into the late 2nd which would be a tremendous gift to the Bengals because this guy is exactly what we need on offense. Great hands, great motor, smart, big, terrific in the redzone.

I love getting steals though dont think he'll land in our lap,but never know Coffman was the most productive Tight End last year and fell to end of 3d because of injury.

Rd.3a (84): Kam Chancellor, FS, Virginia Tech: Love, Love, Love this guy, big, creat hitter perfect size. A poor mans Taylor Mays.

Fine with me.

Rd. 3b (96?): Brandon Lang, DE, Troy: A Demarcus Ware type, undersized edge rusher, situational guy but could give us more outside pass rush.

My fingers are crossed we get a guy like this,Passrush was suspect alls eason even when it was hot it was because our corners were beast at covering...I like Odom I like Fanene & I like MJ but we need some speed on 3rd downs to go with MJ

Rd. 4: Denario Alexander, WR, Missouri: Big red zone target, looked stiff at the senior bowl but on the field during the season has looked alot like Chris Henry without the off-the-field baggage. Led the Big 12 in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs with 113 receptions, 1780 yards, and 14 TDs in his senior season.

Cool wth me getting another Mizz weapon

Take best kicker and dont look back if hes available in 5th I like

Rd. 6: Myron Lewis, CB, Vandebilt: Versatile guy, Tall rangy corner with good ball skills. Might be a corner, might be a safety, would fit well with the Bengals in nickel and dime situations.

Looking for dime corner in late rounds is way to go,Trent played solid for being rookie no reason go high

Rd. 7: Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana: Big Ten Freshman of the Year but has suffered through alot of injuries. Big, Strong, and good instints getting to the passer.

I don't mind because it's a 7th rounder I just can't see us keeping 6 DE's... But I guess because theres a few hybrids it's possible...

DE/DT's:Fanene,Mcdonald & even Odom

DE/LB:MJ

but I still think we go with only 5 DE's and thats if Fanene is counted as one.

PS,my only real knock is you don't have us keeping Foschi which I think we will and keep 3 TE's...

Assumptions:

No Bengal Trades (safe to assume because there haven't been any in recent years)

We get a 3rd rounder as compensation for TJ

Depth Chart:

QB: C. Palmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, J. Palmer (3)

RB: C. Benson, B. Scott, B. Leonard (3)

FB: F. Vakapuna (1)

TE: J. Gresham, C. Coffman, C. Harris (2)

WR1: C. Johnson (awaiting name change after getting owned by Revis), F. Brown (2)

WR2: L. Coles, A. Caldwell (2)

WR3: D. Alexander, Q. Cosby (2)

LT: A. Whitworth, A. Collins (2)

LG: M. Iupati, E. Mathis (2)

C: K. Cook, J. Luigs (2)

RG: B. Williams, N. Livings (2)

RT: A. Smith, D. Roland (2)

RDE: A. Odom, M. Johnson, G. Middleton (3)

RDT: T. Johnson, C. MacDonald (2)

LDT: D. Peko, P. Sims (2)

LDE: R. Geathers, J. Fanene, B, Lang (3)

WOLB: K. Rivers, B. Johnson (2)

MLB: D. Jones, A. Hodge (2)

SOLB: R. Maualuga, R. Jeanty, B. Lang (2)

SS: R. Wiliams, C. Ndukwe (2)

FS: C. Crocker, K. Chancellor, K. Hebert (3)

RCB: L. Hall, M. Trent (2)

LCB: J. Joseph, M. Lewis (2)

P: K. Huber (1)

K: L. Tiffin (1)

LS: C. Harris (1)

Great list.

Tiffin didn't seem to me to have much of a strong leg. I could be wrong but he seemed to sruggle with getting his kicks into the endzone.

From NFLDraftScout.com a free draft site with some great information.

Overview

Tiffin is the most productive kicker in Alabama history with 385 points and 83 fields during his 46-game game career with the Tide.

The three-year starter passed his father, Van, who was an All-American placekicker for coach Ray Perkins from 1983-86 during a career-best 2009 season that saw him hit 30 of 34 field-goal attempts and 42 of 46 extra points. The 30 made field goals in one season is also is a school record, helping him earn a spot on the AP All-American team and serve as a finalist for Lou Groza Award as the nation's best kicker.

Tiffin has the size, leg strength and accuracy scouts are looking for to compete at the NFL level. His accuracy has improved throughout his career. He made 8 of 13 field-goal attempts in a backup role as a freshman in 2006, 25 of 34 in '07 and 20 of 29 in '08 before his All-American campaign.

Analysis

Positives: Right-footed kicker with good balance and leg drive. Kicks with good trajectory - even on longer kicks to keep the ball from being blocked. At least adequate strength for kickoffs and long-distance field goals (career long of 54 yards in 2008). Good size and relative athleticism to handle coverage duties on kickoffs.Competes. Keeps his head up for the potential return and is willing to sacrifice his body to make the stop (four career tackles).

Negatives: Though characterized as a steady, confident kicker, has never been asked to make a high-pressure game-winning kick over his collegiate career.

My preferance would be Alex Hennery from Nebraska but he elected to stay in school for his (fifth) senior season. Beggars can't be choosers, I don't see many options in FA and we must bring in someone to replace Shayne, as much as I like him as a person, that Jets playoff game would have been a whole different ballgame had he hit those relatively easy FGs.