Browns and Holmgren/Gruden

cincyhokie

I get the fan interest and enthusiam with Holmgren as the GM. I think that would be a solid move. What's up with all of the Jon Gruden infatuation? Haven't Browns fans learned from their past 2 mistakes? Hyped up ex-coaches don't always work. Try something else.

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=At4p.FlBfjeW4ffe76MaJZM5nYcB?slug=ap-browns-holmgren&prov=ap&type=lgns

Holmgren interested in meeting with Browns

5 hours, 17 minutes ago

(AP)—Former Seattle and Green Bay coach Mike Holmgren says he would be interested in working for the Cleveland Browns.

Holmgren said on his weekly radio show on Seattle’s KJR that he has not yet spoken to Browns owner Randy Lerner, who is looking for a “serious, credible leader” football authority to run his struggling team. Holmgren did not say if he would like to coach again, but indicated he would be welcome the chance to take on a rebuilding project like the 1-8 Browns.

Holmgren was Seattle’s GM and coach for four seasons. He stepped down as coach after last season.

Earlier, Hall of Famer Jim Brown said Lerner had met with “one of the great football minds in this country,” and hinted that person may have been Holmgren.

What's up with all of the Jon Gruden infatuation?

He grew up a Browns fan in Sandusky.

Aaaaaand that's the reason Browns fans will continue to bang their heads against the wall year in and year out. Hanging onto the past and the championships won in the 60's fuel this need to have the HC, coaches, and/or GM with some connection, any connection to the team. Tradition has turned to sh*t. Time to start over. Stop dreaming about Bernie Kosar and Jim Brown in the front office and rehiring Schottenhiemer. Get over it. Start a new tradition.

P.S. The one you had in the 80's didn't win a damn thing.

Aaaaaand that's the reason Browns fans will continue to bang their heads against the wall year in and year out. Hanging onto the past and the championships won in the 60's fuel this need to have the HC, coaches, and/or GM with some connection, any connection to the team. Tradition has turned to sh*t. Time to start over. Stop dreaming about Bernie Kosar and Jim Brown in the front office and rehiring Schottenhiemer. Get over it. Start a new tradition.

:lol: You need to post that wake up call over at the Dawg Pound.

:lol: You need to post that wake up call over at the Dawg Pound.

It's really hard to convince people in denial. It would be met with nothing but name calling something to the effect that I am a bandwagon fan, etc. I hate the Browns but I hate stupidity even more. It's not working guys!!!! Try something completely different!

I will admit I was out of confidence concerning Marvin at the end of last year. I'm glad he's still here. What he brought was newness. A fresh look in 2003. MB took a leap of faith and hired this guy from out of the organization. A Steeler and a Raven no less. It was the kind of change we needed and I hope it continues.

Browns fans, take a deep breath. Relax. Think. Think some more. Do you have to hire every coach and draft every player that wore a Browns Hutch kiddie uniform complete with the plastic helmet in the 70's, 80's, or 90's? Think about it.

Earlier, Hall of Famer Jim Brown said Lerner had met with one of the great football minds in this country, and hinted that person may have been Holmgren.

Jim Brown, even as good as a football player he was, is an idiot. Every time he gets involved with a situation it gets worse. Remember he was Maurice Clarett's personal advisor during his fall from stardom. Every step made by Maurice was the wrong one.

Wakeup Browns fans, if Jim Brown thinks Lerner has met with "one of the great football minds in this country" he was probably talking about Al Davis, John Madden, Matt Milen or Mike Martz.

And if history is a guide that'll be enough.

Because no matter if you're an aging LB looking for one last huge paycheck (Spielman) OR am overhyped college player growing old in the green room during the NFL draft (Quinn), if you let the Brownies know how much you want to play for them they'll make it happen....regardless of whether you're any good or not.

Because that's what the Cleveland Browns do. They make dreams come true.

And if history is a guide that'll be enough.

Because no matter if you're an aging LB looking for one last huge paycheck (Spielman) OR am overhyped college player growing old in the green room during the NFL draft (Quinn), if you let the Brownies know how much you want to play for them they'll make it happen....regardless of whether you're any good or not.

Because that's what the Cleveland Browns do. They make dreams come true.

Exactly.

Browns fan: "We need someone to come in here that understands the pride, passion, and tradition of Cleveland Browns football."

Any other person who knows football: "Your tradition sucks, save the 60's, and that was too long ago. Start over."