Ocho on PTI

DC_Bengals_Fan

Anybody see Chad on PTI's "5 Good Minutes"? Great interview. Seemed like a new man. Here's some adjectives that would describe Chad during the interview:

*Calm

*Introspective

*Insightful

*Focused

I have to say, last year I don't think I'd have ever believed that Chad would show anything like that. He answered questions about what happened last year by accepting all the blame. I couldn't believe it. Even better, when they asked him why he and Carson connected so well in 2005, his answer? The great O-line they had that year.

I'm very surprised, but I think the new Chad may be for real. Denzell seems to have knocked some maturity into him. I'm liking the new Chad. The offense should continue to get more dangerous as Carson shakes off the rust and the line continues to mesh. Good times.

I did see that earlier. He complimented the good play by the O-line and said the D is a big reason we're 2-1 and says it's time for a complete game from the team.

It might be an act, it might not be. I don't care either way. Just produce Chad and keep on keeping on. Not that bothered about the pink shoes stuff and fines etc but I'm sure some will be.

Yeah. For the first time I can say I watched an entire Chad interview withot cringing. He took a little more responsibilty for last year's tanking than i've heard in the past. He gave props to the defense more than the offense. And for once it appears that the fines he's going to pay this week are for a cause better than his usual "look at me" motive.

For those who didn't see it, he said he's going to wear a lot of pink thins week, and donate whatever the fine amount is to a Cincy local breast cancer organzation. Yeah, he still wants people to look at him... and I imagine that's still his primary motive - but at least some good is coming out if it.

The guy has too much history for me to believe he's a new man... and I still don't care for his personality. But what we've seen so far this season is a welcome change from what we've seen since the '05 season. Let's hope success doesn't bring the douche back out.

He took a little more responsibilty for last year's tanking than i've heard in the past.

But that's just it. He's now admitted he tanked last season several times, and previously he's offered an apology. So I admit he's "taken ownership" of his past misdeeds, and is now acting more professionally than I would have guessed possible. So, props. I'm impressed.

But, for me, it isn't enough.

In fact, it isn't even close yet.

He took a little more responsibilty for last year's tanking than i've heard in the past.

But that's just it. He's now admitted he tanked last season several times, and previously he's offered an apology. So I admit he's "taken ownership" of his past misdeeds, and is now acting more professionally than I would have guessed possible. So, props. I'm impressed.

But, for me, it isn't enough.

In fact, it isn't even close yet.

Very reasonable. Just like I said, I still don't like him. I think he's a douche. I think he's a bad teammate. I hope when his contract is up that Mike Brown let's him walk.

All that said... since it appears he will remain in stripes for the forseeable future, I might as well look for the few positives he currently giving us. And since he at least appears to be trying, both on and off the field, it's worth acknowledging.