Prediction

combatbengal

I think we'll either be 1-3 or 0-4 after week four. The only game I see us possibly winning is the Clowns. We'll have a chance with the Texans Oct 18.

Actually I only see us winning four to five games this season, Texans, Raiders, Lions, Clowns once, and maybe KC.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope that the off starts putting points up on the board too and helps the def.

If this team can get its offense going and if the defense keeps gettin better, they still need to find a way to get turnovers though, this team can get much better. They have to stop shooting themselves in the foot though with penalties and turnovers.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. 18 years of that now.

Let's look at these penalties for a second:

Illegal man downfield on kyle cook: He was blocking a linebacker and drove him back 5 yards. How that's a penalty is beyond me.

Illegal man downfield on Bobbie Williams: This was on a screen play and he went to the second level to block a linebacker.

Summary -- I'm OK with our linemen blocking the piss out of linebackers. I guess they're supposed to know not to go more than 3 yards downfield, though. I have a hard time calling this "shooting ourselves in the foot"

Offensive Pass Interference on Chad Ochocinco: The replay says it all. That wasn't a penalty.

I don't remember what the fourth penalty was. No holdings, no false starts, no delay of games, no defensive pass interference, no facemask, no encroachment etc etc. No worries about those penalties.

Our defense is too dominant to think we can only win 4 games. I just don't buy it yet. I have a hard time counting sunday as a loss even though that's what our record will show. I was unimpressed by both the packers and the bears, so I can see us winning both of those games. To think we only beat the browns once is defeatist thinking. We trade games with the pats and steelers and there are six games right there. All is not lost because a team pulled off arguably the craziest play in NFL history.

I think we'll either be 1-3 or 0-4 after week four. The only game I see us possibly winning is the Clowns. We'll have a chance with the Texans Oct 18.

Actually I only see us winning four to five games this season, Texans, Raiders, Lions, Clowns once, and maybe KC.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope that the off starts putting points up on the board too and helps the def.

Agreed. With the understanding that this is the way I think it will play out:

Denver L

Green Bay L

Steelers L

Browns W

Ravens L

Texans W

Bears W

Ravens L

Steelers L

Raiders W

Browns W

Lions W

Vikings L

Chargers L

Chiefs L

Jets L

If they somehow went on a winning streak at the end of the season, they might sneak into the playoffs. But my guess is JTO will be QB by that point so I see the latter half of the season as more of an afterthought. It doesn't look like there will be any "dead cat bounce" this season though. The Jets and Chargers will be fighting for wild card spots I suspect. Maybe they beat the Chiefs...that would get them to 7-9.

Its "improved" from 4-11-1, sure. For all that gets them. Rooting for a Mike Brown run team makes me wish the NFL was setup more like English Football Leagues(soccer). If you are a team that excels, then your team gets bumped up to the next higher league. If you are a team that sucks badly enough, you get bumped to the next lower league. Cincinnati Bengals vs. Northern Kentucky University might finally rattle a cage or two in the corner office at PBS.

Dare to dream.

Hey, I agree with you on a few things. Our def is looking better then it has ever looked. The penalty thing, you're dead on. However, we can't win if our off can't put the ball in the endzone, or kick it through the goal post! Palmer can't do it himself, Chad can't either. It's going to take all 11 men doing their job to the fullest to make this happen. no more dropped passes, no more fumbles, etc! It wasn't rust either, Palmer is a pro and he had the offseason and training camp to prepare.

Let's go back to what made us great, the no huddle, spread the field, and use our assets! The def can't double team Chad, Henry and who ever else we have at WR! Some one is going to be open! Run the ball, use the play action and go deep!

the no huddle, spread the field, and use our assets!

Couldn't agree more. If, as palmer said, Denver's D was playing two safeties 25 yards deep that's a perfect time for the no huddle. Run quick slants across the middle, run between the tackes, even the much beloved wide receiver screen works in those situations. Keep their D on the field and take 10 yard pot shots until they decide to press our WRs. I'm no offensive coordinator, but I feel like that was a VERY beatable denver Defense. Aside from dropped passes, I think our offensive problems on Sunday were play call related.