Reds vs. Giants

ArmyBengal

Well, the Reds are up against the Giants "Giants". They face Lincecum, Zito, and Cain. While they took 2 of 3 from them in the last series, something tells me they won't fare as well as last time. Sadly, even if they did, it wouldn't matter as they are now 17 games under .500 and 16 games out of first.

The Reds are talking about taking Cueto out for his next start as he's 0-6 in his last 7 starts with an ERA over 10.

Something I somehow missed was Volquez having Tommy John surgery and being done for the season. Who know's how he's going to respond ??

Well I'm like you Army. I don't think the Reds will fair as well this time against the Giants. Plus in the second year of the Josh for Edwin trade both P's having hard times. Even though Josh is still playing and in a div race.

Well, the Reds lose 8-5 in extra innings. They were up by 4 at the bottom of the 5th going against Lincecum, but couldn't hold on.

Homer was doing well until the 6th and was driven from the mound after giving up 4 runs to tie the game.

They lost it in the 10th when Cordero, of all pitchers, gave up 3 runs and was yanked.

OK here's the Reds season in a handbag. Sunday they blow the lead against those tough Nats, balls hit to right OF tried to make a hard catch, they hold the ball winning run scores. Dumb play #1. Ok tonight 1-0 game bottom of the 9th 2 outs Barker up (who the Hell is this guy) 3 straight balls and on 4 pitch does he try to draw the walk?? F**K no he swings and grounds out My god Tee Ballers know better or is that were we are getting these Bums. I give up S**t U can only take to much. I'm out

Well, they got 2 hit with Zito getting a no decison even though he had a no hitter going into the 5th. Suprised the game was this close.

Anyway, no hitting once again. PLEASE FIRE THE HITTING COACH MR. JOCKETTY !!!

Sad and not giving this as an excuse, but I can't recall a Reds team that has had this many injuries. I think between them and the Bengals they are trying to have the most players out for a baseball team, football team combined for one city. It's really that bad...

So they win 2-1 in extras. While they have been a little irritating at times, they have actually fared pretty well against some good starting pitching. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming they are making a run, simply acknowledging what I saw. Harang got another no decision after only giving up one run through 7 innings. Nix was the only player that did anything at the plate going 3 of 4 with the HR.