Jeanty better watch it

walzav29

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CIN

You know Brian Simmons was on NFL radio a few weeks back and he said that the Bengals could always match your top 11 players. It was the depth that really exposed them. It's interesting because Kelly goes down and it's like we're screwed at TE. Smith isn't signed and we're in big trouble at Tackle. It goes on and on. I don't think many teams go without injuries.

Agree with depth being a problem was evident 2 years ago when all the LB's went down, I don't know if we are screwed with the TE position yet, we have 2 good pass catching TE's, don't know if they can block...As for RJeanty, like AB said he MAYBE losing the job anyway, to a better player, whatever happens it can benefit the team by having a former starter come off the bench if needed...

Yeah, it's funny that we as Bengal fans are having to get adjusted to this whole "rotation" concept. It'll give Zimmer the ability to tell guys that they're playing maybe 35 plays instead of 50, so they can go all-out when they're in and come out when they're winded. Also a lot less of the gassed defenses we usually see in the 4th quarter.

I'm really excited to see the defense, and I'm pretty sure I haven't said that since junior high. Which is sad since I'm now in my 30s.

This is the first year in quite some time where I was actualy feeling better about the depth we have on this team. The o-line could still use some help, but they are getting there. However, there are many positions on this team where we will be cutting a player that is at least an average player that will probably be able to catch on with another team.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CIN

You know Brian Simmons was on NFL radio a few weeks back and he said that the Bengals could always match your top 11 players. It was the depth that really exposed them. It's interesting because Kelly goes down and it's like we're screwed at TE. Smith isn't signed and we're in big trouble at Tackle. It goes on and on. I don't think many teams go without injuries.

Yep. Evidence of consistently poor drating, planning and personnel people (or lack thereof). Depth comes from consistently good drafting and looking ahead, and an operating philosophy that doesn't put all of your eggs (and salary) into 3-4 positions every single year without any wavering. Good player relations doesn't hurt either. At least Marvin has helped in these areas with demands and brings knowledge from other successful, modern programs here.

They've needed a double threat TE for years, and have never addressed it, and it will hurt them, just like having no LG or C last year (and this year for that matter) will also hurt them (along with any kind of semi-reliable/proven nickel corner whatsoever).

Since this was the last place Maualuga was mentioned and I didn't want to start a thread about it, when I saw the newest article title on the official site, I thought maybe Rey would be getting a bunch of playing time.

"DJones out 4-6 weeks"

I quickly forgot about "David" Jones...

Since this was the last place Maualuga was mentioned and I didn't want to start a thread about it, when I saw the newest article title on the official site, I thought maybe Rey would be getting a bunch of playing time.

"DJones out 4-6 weeks"

LMFAO I thought the exact same thing, I was really excited

"DJones out 4-6 weeks"

My computer was running slow yesterday and I was scrambling to get the information posted when I realized they weren't talking about Dhani.

Put me in the camp of thinking this LB Corps is better with Dhani running things in the middle for the time being.

"DJones out 4-6 weeks"

My computer was running slow yesterday and I was scrambling to get the information posted when I realized they weren't talking about Dhani.

Put me in the camp of thinking this LB Corps is better with Dhani running things in the middle for the time being.

Agreed. I think for this year the defense will be better with Dhani in the middle. Next year, however, when Rey has a year experience under his belt...

"DJones out 4-6 weeks"

Agreed. I think for this year the defense will be better with Dhani in the middle. Next year, however, when Rey has a year experience under his belt...

I'm on the fence, On one hand, Rookie MLB's tend to over-run plays, and get caught out of position more, so there is something to be said about Dhani being in the right spots. On the other hand, Maualuga is as physical as they get, a beast who will someday be a menacing MLB, and to get him reps at that position, will only make him improve that much faster.

I think the main thing is calling the plays and making sure everybody is lined up in the right spots. Dhani can still call the plays (since he no doubt will have the defenses headset-helmet) from the Weakside (where he played in New York) or the Strongside (where he played in Philly).

Either way, This is the first time I can remember, where we have 2 stud MLB's. I'll take these types of problems any day.

Are we going to have the biggest line in the NFL?

We have

LT- Whitworth 6'7 335

LG- Livings 6'5 330

C- Cook 6'3 315

RG- Big Bobbie 6'4 345

RT- Andre 6'4 335

I mean we have four of five guys over 330 lbs that is some big dudes

I'm not sure why I remember this... but about 4 or 5 years ago the Arizona Cardinals had the biggest O-Line in the NFL, and also the 32nd ranked O-Line. I hope that's not the Bengals fate. Can an O-Line be too big?