over at Bengals.com

some good battles taking place

Coles looks lightening fast

Chad working real hard

Shirley looking night and day from this time last year

Luigs at guard holding his own

HappyWave.gif

"Cuts and pastes too"

For being one of largest men on team I thought the dudes feet looked quick not as quick as MJ in DL drills but over all the other linemen ...I also thought Scott looked the fastest out of all the backs and Whit & Ronald did a great job swallowing up MJ

» Here's one reason why rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga is so popular in his first days with the club. For the second straight day he was one of the last guys left signing autographs, and he only broke it off because intern trainer Lamar Moseley told him to. Maualuga had to take the cart in because he began to get a cramp since he was standing so long.

With the first wearing of the shoulder pads Saturday morning, Maualuga, a hard-bitten All-American, admitted he had butterflies. But then "football is football," he said.

I love how Rey is a man of the Fans this guy screams franchise MLB.

over at Bengals.com

Chad working real hard

HappyWave.gif

"Cuts and pastes too"

For being one of largest men on team I thought the dudes feet looked quick not as quick as MJ in DL drills but over all the other linemen ...I also thought Scott looked the fastest out of all the backs and Whit & Ronald did a great job swallowing up MJ

» Here's one reason why rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga is so popular in his first days with the club. For the second straight day he was one of the last guys left signing autographs, and he only broke it off because intern trainer Lamar Moseley told him to. Maualuga had to take the cart in because he began to get a cramp since he was standing so long.

With the first wearing of the shoulder pads Saturday morning, Maualuga, a hard-bitten All-American, admitted he had butterflies. But then "football is football," he said.

I know, I know I have 3 or 4 places I like to hang out at

More info

from carlos "c" holmes dayton news

GEORGETOWN, Ky. The Bengals were in shoulder pads during practice Saturday morning and it didnt take long for the contact to begin. The defense delivered their share of Hard Knocks to the offense and the unit had a good overall performance on Day 2 of training camp.

Puttin on the hits

Right off the bat, safety Tom Nelson exploded into cornerback Leon Hall during tackling drills and dislodged Halls mouthpiece sending it flying through the air about 10-yards when it landed.

Then you had defensive end Jonathan Fanene busting though the offensive line during run drills and delivering a blow with his paw to the upper chest of running back Kenny Watson stopping him in his tracks. The play caught the crowds attention.

Fanene also showed incredible strength by powering through blocks at the line of scrimmage to put pressure on quarterback Carson Palmer for a would-be sack. Fanene is a very soft spoken guy off the field, but if I were in a bar fight he would be the guy I want by my side.

The same could be said for rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga. This guy is a very intense player. The coaching staff had to reel him in a bit on a couple of plays as if to say dont hurt anyone just yet. Apparently, Maualuga was a little too aggressive in drills.

I dont know what other teams saw that made them pass on Maualuga in the draft, but so far the Bengals appear to have themselves a real steal. Maualuga has been flying around the field getting in on the plays and he knows how to finish once he arrives.

Dynamic Duo

Chris Crocker and Roy Williams are penciled in as the starting safeties, but Im not sure that Williams and Chinedum Ndukwe wouldnt make a better tandem in the secondary. Both players have been making plays. Ndukwe made it two days in a row with an interception while Williams recorded a tackle-for-loss, sack, and pass break-up after delivering a shot to rookie tight end Chase Coffman who couldnt hang on to the ball.

from james walker espn

GEORGETOWN, Ky.--The Cincinnati Bengals opened their second day of training camp Saturday with the first of two practices.

Here are some notes and observations from the morning session:

I'm really impressed with how clean Cincinnati's practices have been so far. There are very few procedural screw-ups or mental errors such as false starts and offside penalties. A high participation in this year's voluntary program likely has something to do with it, and the team has continued that momentum from the spring into the early portion of training camp.

There were not a lot of mental errors but there were several physical mishaps Saturday, particularly among the receivers. There were five drops in team drills. Tight end Ben Utecht had two, while receivers Chad Ochocinco, Chris Henry and Freddie Brown all dropped one pass each.

The obligatory Andre Smith question was presented to Bengals coach Marvin Lewis again as Smith missed his second straight day training camp. Lewis said there was no update but still has the door open for Smith to keep his starting job at right tackle.

"Until he comes to a contract agreement [with] his people and our people, he won't be here," Lewis said. "When he gets here, we'll work with him and give him every opportunity to contribute to this football team as quick as possible. Based on his ability, I believe he'll be able to do that."

Backup cornerback David Jones tweaked his left ankle in practice, but the injury didn't appear serious. He got the ankle re-taped and remained on the sideline for team drills.

-Fanene seems to be fighting tooth and nail for his roster spot good to see I love Idea having himPeko & rey on the field at the same time....

-Once again everytime I read something about Rey gives me goosebumps I'm glad wanting to draft this guy for 3 years isn't going to waste lol...

-Ndukwe showing that this mans a starter look forward to seeing how they mix up the 3 safeties....

-Well looks like we could be riding 6 safeties 4 CB's if we don't find someone replace Djones...

Every time I read a post about the defense like this, I feel I'm seeing Zimmer's imprint on it.

Mmmmhmmmmm I'm still amazed we got a guy of his & fitz caliber after having to endure ChuckyB for three years...

I still remember Raider fans being happy that Chuck "The F**k" Bresnahan landed in the Queen City. Now we know why.

Every time I read a post about the defense like this, I feel I'm seeing Zimmer's imprint on it.

Mmmmhmmmmm I'm still amazed we got a guy of his & fitz caliber after having to endure ChuckyB for three years...

I still remember Raider fans being happy that Chuck "The F**k" Bresnahan landed in the Queen City. Now we know why.

Yup I remember people Praising that he had a top 10 defense in oakland...Yet the fans were dancing over him leaving .....

2+2=4 ohwell is he is long gone which makesm e happy...

Chad working real hard

HappyWave.gif

at about 5:30 point in the video, Ocho drops his first two passes in the drill they were doing :blink: ....I hope he is working hard on that.

I saw that too! After he finally makes a catch he jogs thru the rest of the drill and than stands next to the coach talking instead of heading back to line like everyone else. He needs to hustle all the time this camp thur the end of the season if he wants any respect from this fan.

palmer wasn't at the second practice of the day. i sure hope it is nothing more than the "illness" they said it was. but it makes me feel a bit queasy, myself.

I read somewhere he's on a pitch count so he'll only be at 1 practice each day

I thought he was sick?

Carson sat out the night practice because he was sick, and it had nothing to do with his elbow. Marvin said his "pitch count" would be equally divided for each practice when the team has 2.

Chad working real hard

HappyWave.gif

at about 5:30 point in the video, Ocho drops his first two passes in the drill they were doing :blink: ....I hope he is working hard on that.

I saw that too! After he finally makes a catch he jogs thru the rest of the drill and than stands next to the coach talking instead of heading back to line like everyone else. He needs to hustle all the time this camp thur the end of the season if he wants any respect from this fan.

Agree. THe fact that after each drop he got to repeat the drill can be seen as a bit of entitlement but for a veteran player just trying to get it right I like he kept going till he got it.

Mr. Chad needs to really bounce back this year or he will go the way of a guy like Joe Horn.

It always bothered me when all the other player limit what they sya to just "he is a different guy on the field who just wants to have fun".

Fun, shmun. You know what it fun? Winning. Winning is fun. Try that on for size, Ocho, win something.

over at Bengals.com

Chad working real hard

HappyWave.gif

"Cuts and pastes too"

It is funny, I read that article on the website last night and then I was coming back from running this morning and I got this giant smile on my face thinking about the Bengals.

We got the best MLB in the draft and a headbasher that many people in here wanted the Bengals to take if we got one of the Broncos picks.

Just thinking about our second and third rounds this past year lighten my gloomy days!