Reds vs. Rockies

ArmyBengal

The Reds start a 3 game series against the Rockies on Friday, but Micah Owings went on the 15 day DL with shoulder tightness and the Reds don't know who the starter is going to be. Jesus, these guys just can't catch a break with the freakin' injuries. Colorado could easily hand these guys another series loss, if not sweep. We are 11 games under .500 and almost 10 games out of first.

Go Reds ??

The Reds start a 3 game series against the Rockies on Friday, but Micah Owings went on the 15 day DL with shoulder tightness and the Reds don't know who the starter is going to be. Jesus, these guys just can't catch a break with the freakin' injuries. Colorado could easily hand these guys another series loss, if not sweep. We are 11 games under .500 and almost 10 games out of first.

Go Reds ??

Honestly, I am in that mode where I am hoping they tank the rest of the way specifically to see Baker and staff gone. I don't see them winning in the long run with that coaching staff. If they play around .500 ball for the rest of the year then you can expect them to be back for a fun filled 2010.

I don't see them winning in the long run with that coaching staff.

Nor do I. I miss the days of George "Sparky" Anderson and Lou Pinella. Of course the golden days of the Big Red Machine were crafted by the great Bob Howsam, who resides in the Reds Hall of Fame.

I was never a fan of Dusty, he has really had no success managing a team. He went along for the ride with a talented Giants team and destroyed a talented Cubs team (no hard feelings towards him there)

I would be happy to see him go, but who is the replacement? There is no manager available that comes to mind and the Reds never seem to get it right anyway.

My time following the Reds this season is just about up, seems as if every year they can get me through the NFL offseason than they fall apart and I lose interest about preseason time.

Too bad, I thought they had a good, solid, young team that had a decent shot at wildcard this year and keeping me interested through Sept. guess not!

Go Reds ??

Honestly, I am in that mode where I am hoping they tank the rest of the way specifically to see Baker and staff gone. I don't see them winning in the long run with that coaching staff. If they play around .500 ball for the rest of the year then you can expect them to be back for a fun filled 2010.

Those were my thoughts exactly. When they were doing pretty well earllier in the season I was glad to see it ... On the other hand, I had no false illusions about our Mr. Baker and really didn't want to see him rewarded with a contract extension.

I don't know who will be available either .... but almost anyone would be better than this dipstick.