Week one is the most important game of the year!!!

Clackwoods

I was examining our situation and our schedule and I was thinking to myself that we have to win the first week against Denver. They had a horrendous defense last year and they lost their franchise QB. Their entire team is in dissaray and the players aren't fully behind their coach. If we lose that game our confidence will be shot and we will go into the first half of our schedule mentally drained.

Week 2- Green Bay- They have a solid offense and a good, young defense. Had they not lost a bunch of games in the fourth quarter last season they would have been a playoff team, we will have our hands full with them, but we can beat them if we get that win in week 1.

Week 3- Pittsburgh- Defending champs, Hopefully we have some confidence from games 1 and 2 and we are able to sustain some pass rush to expose their week offensive line. If we can win the first two it will give our young line the confidence needed to handle Pittsburgh's ridiculous defense. We always have problems with them at home.

Week 4- Cleveland- They don't have a clear cut leader on Offense, they traded away their best offensive weapon and they have a new coach. Mangini did well in his first year in New York, but this is the AFC North. We should win this game pretty easily unless we lose the first three and we are decimated.

Week 5- Baltimore- They lost a starting MLB, a starting safety and most importantly their D-Coordinator. You want to know the importance of a D Coordinator look at what happened to Chicago when Rivera left a couple years ago. They don't have any receivers and their QB is vastly overrated. I predict a big drop off for the Ravens, this is a very winnable game.

Week 6- Houston- Damn good offense, but their QB has injury issues that he is always facing. They have an up and coming defense, but I still think they are a year away from being a playoff contender. If our Oline is meshing and our offense isn't banged up we should beat them.

Week 7- Chicago- Picked up a Franchise QB, but they don't really have receivers to throw to. They have a good, but aging defense and Oline. I wouldn't be surprised to see them banged up by this point on both sides of the ball. It is at home which gives us a big advantage, I expect that we can win this game and I think we will.

Going into the Bye week we could be as good as 6-1 or as bad as 2-5. We will most likely IMO be around 5-2 or 4-3 going into this week. If we don't win in week one that may shatter the optimism on the team and cause our young Oline to fall apart. If we can get to the bye week with a winning record we will be set because four of our next five games are against IMO subpar teams in the Ravens, Lions, Browns, and Raiders. Lets go out and win week 1. I am going to be at PBS to see the fate of our entire season determined!

All games are equally important?

A win is a win?

Please.

My pick for the most important game of the year?

Week Three.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if we beat no one else this year I hope we beat the Steelers. But from a team standpoint, they should treat each game as if it's the most important so they take each game seriously.

I suppose my reaction is similar to when somebody calls a game early in the season a "must win." Odd things happen and the Bengals have a tendency to lose games against teams they should beat and play well against teams when they appear overmatched. I think it's good that we get Denver early, however, as the new defensive scheme, new QB and new coach should be most vulnerable then.

if we lose to DEN, it should open the players eyes- they should win that game fairly easily.

if they don't win it, maybe they get a fire lit under them and realize their potential..

at this point, who knows...

• 3 weeks later...

Ortons on Fire!!!!( I think a fan lit him up!

3 ints lol....

Orton sucks. He sucked in Chicago, and he'll suck in Denver as well.

I just hope he can keep his job until after week 1. I have a feeling Chris Simms could be a fairly good QB in that system.

It also looks like Knowshon might have tore something in his knee.

and the mcdaniels vessel goes down in flames in port.

how long till folks realize that the Belichick "lineage" is a myth...Mangini, Crennel, McDaniels....lame.

Absolutely. If your looking for "lineage", look no further than Paul Brown. In NFL terms he invented the word.

how long till folks realize that the Belichick "lineage" is a myth...Mangini, Crennel, McDaniels....lame.

Absolutely. If your looking for "lineage", look no further than Paul Brown. In NFL terms he invented the word.

It's to bad it didn't rub off on his son :|

It's to bad it didn't rub off on his son :|

Such is life, eh? Mike is one acorn that happened to fall a mile from the tree.

I will be sick to my stomach if the Bengals lose week 1. Denver is in shambles, Knowshon held out and is going to miss 2 weeks. Orton sucks, Marshall isn't practicing. They have an entire new offensive and defensive scheme and a new coach. The Bengals are at home and have a pretty peaceful and productive camp. I will hit the panic button if the Bengals lose.

Mike is one acorn that happened to fall a mile from the tree.

No s**t. That family tree is sitting at the top of a mountain and the acorn is still rolling down the hill.

The disappointing part is that Katie's acorn did not fall far from Mike Brown's tree at all.

So even when the old f**ker finally does die, there will still be Katie, carrying the torch of ineptitude.

I agree that Denver looks very beatable in week one but let's roll the clock back a year and remember what we thought looking at Baltimore. Their QB situation was in shambles. They were starting a rookie from a small school and their O-line was so shaky they jumped on signing Big Willie. In hindsight, the Ravens were quite formidable.

I'll say it again, we WILL win week #1 against the Broncos. I'll put myself out there a bit further and say we win by better than 2 TD's...

That team is a f*cking mess and if we lose, yes, I'll go directly into panic mode, because regardless of our team issues, we aren't that bad.

agreed