Reds vs. Cubs

ArmyBengal

The Reds get the night off tonight, but I can't figure out why as they sure as sh*t haven't earned it. Yes, I know they are going from the west coast to Chicago.

Anyway, they start a 3 game set against the Cubs who are currently a game out of first and are playing good ball. Harang gets yet another shot at winning a game and hopefully the Reds can find a way to put some wins together. Cueto and Owings get the starts in the 2nd and 3rd game.

Volquez was throwing at 3/4 speed and will throw again in the bullpen while in Chicago. They say if that goes well, he can begin his minor league rehab assignment. That has been a killer for the Reds in not having him available.

Well is Edwin still hitting well? I didn't get to see any stats on the Dodgers series. I did see they got pounded on one game

Yeah Billy, it's getting to a point where it's hard to keep up the pace we have with keeping track of these guys.

I thought the game threads were a good idea for the most part, but they seem to be becoming an exercise in futility.

I'll keep them going up for a while longer...

Yeah Billy, it's getting to a point where it's hard to keep up the pace we have with keeping track of these guys.

I thought the game threads were a good idea for the most part, but they seem to be becoming an exercise in futility.

I'll keep them going up for a while longer...

Well I like them so don't stop yet. I got me this Blackberry now and I get on the Zone more than 2 or 3 times a month. It nice to read what you guys put on here, be it sad news most of the time. LoL

Alright Semi, just for you, I'll keep them going. I actually enjoy doing them, because we really haven't done something like that on here before. I was more or less just trying to make it more well rounded and generate some more baseball discussion.

Reds lose again 5-3 and Cueto still isn't doing the best since he got lit up a few starts ago. Encarnacion is now only batting .205 and the team still isn't hitting the ball well as a team. Maybe they can keep from getting swept in their 2nd straight series.

They just can't keep affording to lose to teams in their own division the way they have this season and expect anything other than where they are.

8 games under .500 and 7 games behind the Cards. Hell, they are only a game and a half out of the basement.

Oh well...

Yeah Army its getting to the point where the other teams are getting glad to play the Reds. And thanks for keeping the forum going. Wished more guys would add comments , makes it more fun

Yeah Army its getting to the point where the other teams are getting glad to play the Reds. And thanks for keeping the forum going. Wished more guys would add comments , makes it more fun

What makes it more fun is when the team is actually playing decent baseball. It seems they just don't care anymore. :(

Swept twice in a row. At this point I think Dusty Baker is unable to right a floundering ship. <_<

:angry: I ain't never liked that ratbastard anyway.

The sooner they dump him the better. .... did he have any prior connection to the new ownership ???? Just curious.

Yep, after dropping another series and getting swept two in a row, the management has to be thinking things need to change with the coaches.

I would love to see sweeping changes with the hitting coaches and you might as well include Dusty in that as well. He just doesn't seem to get it.

Worse about Dusty is and maybe it's just me, but he doesn't seem to care. The players seem to be picking up on that and it shows in their play.

No one seems to care. It's sad, because this young team should be developing and they aren't.