Reds vs. Dodgers

ArmyBengal

The Reds start a 3 game series against the Dodgers who currently have the best record in the majors.

Owings, Bailey, and Arroyo take the mound in the series.

OUCH! I feel a beat down coming on. :(

Sad thing is those three have been the best starters on the team for the last few weeks.

The Reds drop the opener 7-5 and Owings gets the loss giving up 7 runs in 5 innings.

I watched a little of the game and the Reds blew opportunities through the game. Top of the 4th and the first 2 batters walk and they get nothing.

It was things like that through the game that pissed me off. They don't look like they want to win out there.

The Astors and Pirates were the only teams to win in the Division last night, so at least they didn't lose ground.

They did however fail to gain ground when given a golden opportunity...

A 12-2 beat down that reminded me why I really don't think much of Homer:

2.2 innings pitched, 8 hits, and 9 runs before getting yanked.

Phillips wasn't in the lineup after pissing off Baker for not running out a fly ball that fell and then Phillips was thrown out trying to stretch it to a double.

Nothing new on Volquez and the Reds are hurting going 3-7 in their last 10.

So they got swept, but amazingly enough are still 5.5 games backs as the Cards are on the same 3 game slide. I don't suspect they will be able to hang as there are other teams that are getting hot like the Astros and Cubs. Speaking of the Cubs, on to the next series...