Reds vs. Brewers

ArmyBengal

Ok, here we go with the first game after the break and as we have already stated, these next 10 games should go a long way to see what this is going to do in the second half. We start it off with a 4 game series against the Brewers who are currently sitting in 2nd place. We have managed to slip all the way down to 5th and are 5 games out and 3 games under .500.

Homer is back on the mound tonight, so here's to hoping he can get it done.

Well the All-Star break came and went, and the Reds did nothing.

They are going into a crucial series with a division rival above them in the standings. And they are doing so shorthanded. If I didn't know any better, it almost seems like self-sabotage to force themselves to be sellers without revolt from the fans for selling early.

I'll give Bob and Walt the benefit of the doubt here though, because Walt has a good track record elsewhere and neither have a track record of futility in any enterprise they have been a part of. But I'm skeptical at this point, I'll put it that way.

Huge series here.

Here's lineup for tonight:

Willy Taveras cf

Jerry Hairston ss

Joey Votto 1b

Brandon Phillips 2b

Ramon Hernandez c

Laynce Nix lf

Jonny Gomes rf

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Homer Bailey p

Oh Edwin is back...maybe he can lite it up the second half.....NOT!!!!! He never has before...

I stand corrected....wtg EDWIN KEEP IT UP...

Yes, they do. We've all been saying that for some time now and they still haven't gotten over that hump.

Inconsistent appears to be the theme of this season. Oh well, they at least appear better than they were last year and have a good shot of finishing with a winning record, so there's that.

Yes, they do. We've all been saying that for some time now and they still haven't gotten over that hump.

Inconsistent appears to be the theme of this season. Oh well, they at least appear better than they were last year and have a good shot of finishing with a winning record, so there's that.

I think they will finish right over .500 and in 3rd or 4th place if they do nothing before the deadline.

If they get help before the deadline, they still may go to the playoffs.

If they sell off, then 5th or 6th, fighting for basement rights with the Pirates.

They still have a golden opportunity to win this season, but honestly I wonder sometimes if that is even the goal at this point with Jocketty and Castellini. Part of me thinks they are just hoping to hold fan interest for as long as they can without spending any more money.

Reds and Harang lose again 5-1.

Volquez was throwing the ball around in the outfield, but there's no timetable for his return. I'm thinking by the time he does make it back, it will be all but over.

Something needs to be done about the lack of hitting. Seriously, it's bad.

Reds win today 5-3 and end up splitting the series with the Brewers.

Cueto gave up 10 hits and 3 runs over 6 innings of work, while Weathers got the win.

On to the next series...

Splitting four game sets ain't gonna cut it. I'm actually surprised they did that well against Milwaukee.