Reds vs. Mets

ArmyBengal

They don't get any time off after getting beat the f*ck up by the Phillies and start a 3 game series against the 40-44 Mets.

Arroyo gets back up on the horse tonight and hopefully he has a solid outing. He's 0-3 in his last 3 starts with a 10.29 ERA.

Bruce got the bench for 2 games after his BA dropped to .209. Dusty tried to give some advice for Bruce about taking some time to watch and Bruce disagreed with the decision saying he could come out of his slump in the next game. Well, I think Bruce is being a little immature with his comments, but understand he probably wants to fight through it. I agree with Dusty on something here.

Go Reds...

The Mets need this series bad, we have 6-7 people out on the DL, and we got pummeled by the Dodgers and Phils, so we need to beat up on the Reds to stay in contention...

And the follow that up with a 4-0 loss tonight. Cueto picks up another loss while giving up 4 earned runs over 5 innings of work.

That beating must still be in his head.

Bruce broke his right wrist in the 1st inning as well so that can't be good even thought he's only hitting .207.

Things just aren't getting any better for the Reds injury wise.

And they drop the deciding game in the series 9-7. Harang can't get by the 3rd inning after giving up 5 earned runs in that time.

Votto gets ejected after arguing his second strikeout. Weathers came in to continue the suck in giving up 2 runs of his own.

Oh well, on to the All Star game.

They come back afterwards to start a 4 game series against the Brewers, then 3 at the Dodgers, and 3 at the Cubs. A difficult 10 games coming out of the break. It will go far to determine how they will probably finish the season.

Since I only saw them as an outside shot at the wildcard, I can't say as I'm suprised. The things that keep me on the "not sold yet" side of things is the fact Volquez hasn't come back yet. If he can come back healthy and produce where we expect, that goes a long way. If Harang can figure out what the hell his issue is, that would help as well. If the team can somehow figure out how not to be so inconsistent at the plate, that would also not be a bad thing.

Teams get hot all the time and it is only the half way point, so with the long season, anything can happen. We haven't seen that type of play from the Reds in a very long time, but I honestly believe this team has that potential. The question is, will they realize it ?? I'm still thinking they won't make the playoffs, but I'm still thinking they will be better than last year.

Sort of like the Bengals...