Reds vs. Phillies

ArmyBengal

The Reds start a 4 game series on the road against a 42-37 first place Phillies team on a three game winning streak.

Cueto, Harang, Bailey, and Owings get the start in that order.

The Cards and Brewers start a 3 game series, so as long as there isn't a sweep, maybe the Reds can keep up.

The Cubs take on a struggling Braves team, so they will probably keep pace as well.

Go Reds...

So, getting the hell beat of us 22-1 isn't exactly what I was hoping for in the opener against the Phillies.

Cueto can't get out of the 1st inning allowing 9 runs after only getting 2 outs. So long good ERA.

They went through 6 pitchers to include Janish who gave up a grand slam while upping his ERA to 49.50.

No one could manage more than one hit and the Reds had 5 on the night.

Just a sorry excuse for a baseball game that was...

So, getting the hell beat of us 22-1 isn't exactly what I was hoping for in the opener against the Phillies.

Cueto can't get out of the 1st inning allowing 9 runs after only getting 2 outs. So long good ERA.

They went through 6 pitchers to include Janish who gave up a grand slam while upping his ERA to 49.50.

It was absolutely FUGLY! :(

It was absolutely FUGLY! :(

Billy I honestly think you are being nice, but then again, I can't really think of a word to describe that travesty of a game.

FUBAR comes to mind...

Oh on a side note, it was the worst defeat the Reds EVER suffered.

Ever ?? Yes, EVER !!!

At least they regrouped enough for a come from behind 4-3 win tonight. If they end up taking two or three in this series, that loss won't hurt so bad.

It happens a bunch where after a team gets their ass kicked, they come back the following night with a win. It took them to the 9th to pull out the win, but a win is a win and Phillip's had 2 homers, so that works. Harang still hasn't won a game since the 25th of May. Would it suprise anyone if the Reds moved one of our starting pitchers (Harang, Arroyo) before the trade deadline ?? Not saying it would happen, just curious if there was any thought to it...

It happens a bunch where after a team gets their ass kicked, they come back the following night with a win. It took them to the 9th to pull out the win, but a win is a win and Phillip's had 2 homers, so that works. Harang still hasn't won a game since the 25th of May. Would it suprise anyone if the Reds moved one of our starting pitchers (Harang, Arroyo) before the trade deadline ?? Not saying it would happen, just curious if there was any thought to it...

Move them for who?

I have no idea Billy, just a random thought... With both of them struggling and Harang's previous season appearing to not be a fluke, I was just wondering if anyone thought it may be a possibility. If I were to take a look at who was out there to be had in a trade, maybe I could come up with something reasonable, but reserve the right to come back and say, forget my thought process as there isn't sh*t to be had...

I have no idea Billy, just a random thought... With both of them struggling and Harang's previous season appearing to not be a fluke, I was just wondering if anyone thought it may be a possibility. If I were to take a look at who was out there to be had in a trade, maybe I could come up with something reasonable, but reserve the right to come back and say, forget my thought process as there isn't sh*t to be had...

I just don't see many teams interested in these two pitchers right now. They're off their games, and hitters seem to know what pitch is coming. This could very well be the fault of the pitching coach not working well with them to find improvement, I dunno.

What I do know is the Reds couldn't trade them for anyone to help in this current NL race against the Cardinals and the Brewers.

Maybe not for a player kind of trade, but rather to clear salary from the roster. If you look at what those two are making, it's hard to justify "at this point". They are two of the top three paid players on the team.

Arroyo is due to make over 22 million after this season before becoming a free agent.

Harang is due to make over 25 million after this season before becoming a free agent.

I could just envision a move where they just want to get rid of some salary, but also can see the viewpoint of having to get something in return when moving one of your starting five. Anyway around, I was just kicking the thought around.

Not to take this thread further away from the intent, but it's amazing how young this team is and how little it's spending on some of the other players that aren't pitchers. It's going to cost this team some money to hold onto these guys in the future.

Jay Bruce: Near minimum

Johnny Cueto: Near minimum

Chris Dickerson: Near minimum

Ryan Hanigan: Near minimum

Daniel Herrera: Near minimum

Micah Owings: Near minimum

Edinson Volquez: Near minimum

Joey Votto: Near minimum

The reason I point them out is, they are going to have to find some money somewhere to try to keep the nucleus of this team together.

That doesn't even include the guys who are free agents after this year and the others that are eligible for arbitration.

Homer goes out and pitches 6 innings while giving up two runs and left with a no decision. Weathers pitches the bottom of the 9th and loses the game 3-2. I'll just go ahead and continue my opinion that Weathers is garbage. Oh well, they can get the split with a win tomorrow.

Homer goes out and pitches 6 innings while giving up two runs and left with a no decision. Weathers pitches the bottom of the 9th and loses the game 3-2. I'll just go ahead and continue my opinion that Weathers is garbage. Oh well, they can get the split with a win tomorrow.

I'm sick of Weathers. Second outing in a row he's stunk it up!