Reds vs. White Sox

ArmyBengal

So the Reds took 2-3 from the Braves and now play host to the White Sox. Here's to hoping Arroyo gets things back on track and the Reds find a way to beat the White Sox who have had their way with the Reds, winning 9 straight. It's been over 10 years since the Reds beat the White Sox.

Hitting is still a problem and Dusty was quoted as saying, “I don’t think I can shake it up any more than I have been shaking it up.” Heck the top 5 batters in the order were 0-17 in the 4-3 win over the Braves. They have to do something, so I suggest Dusty either stopping shaking things and let them stand for a while or shake a little harder !!!

Either way, the Reds are 3.5 games back and need to keep up with the NL Central foes playing an easy schedule right now.

Nice to see them break the losing streak they had going against the White Sox, but even nicer to see Arroyo come back out there and pitch a very good game. I was wondering how long it was going to be before they finally sat Taveras. The Yankees benched A-Rod for two games and his slump wasn't as bad as Willy's. Hanigan goes 2-3 and is batting .325 and I'm wondering how much they are thinking about what to do with him. Not to mention he has a cannon of an arm and is just cutting people down.

Bruce is still hurting and in my opinion is the next person who needs to find his way to the bench. I mean he's batting 6th in the lineup now, went 0-4 again last night, and leaves 4 on base. We have to be getting more out of our "can't miss" kid. Cordero also converted his 17th save in 18 chances even though he gave up a solo shot in his effort.

Cueto gets the start tonight and it will be nice to see him pick up another win. He's leading the NL with an ERA of 2.17.

White Sox been playing better here last few series, if REDS can pull this out that would be nice.....man they need to start hitting B)

Reds lose 10-8 but it shouldn't have been that close as the White Sox committed 4 errors. The Reds blew the 5 run lead they built in the first 3 innings, but Cueto just couldn't kep it together giving up 3 homers and 5 earned runs. Herrera took the loss though in his one inning pitched. While Bruce hit a useless homerun in the bottom of the 9th he still goes 2-5 and leaves another 4 runners on base for the night. This is becoming habit for him and is noticeably irritated by his play or lack thereof. You can see him getting frustrated while batting and in the outfield. IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING WITH BRUCE DUSTY !!!

Anyway, with the Brewers losing, they didn't lose any ground, but the Cardinals and Cubs both won and was the Cubs 3rd in a row which moved them ahead of the Reds in the standings. I don't know how much longer we can expect inconsistent play from the others, but I will be happy we are only 3 games out sitting one game over .500 at 34-33.

Harang gets the start in today's early game and hopefully the Reds can take the series from the White Sox.

On a side note, I saw where Encarnacion was put on the 60 day DL and they called up another youngster from Louisville.

Harang has given up 5 hits and 2 earned runs in the first two innings, as well as hit a batter. The Reds are down 2-0 in the top of the 3rd.

Hope Harang settles down...

I hope the bats wake up! The Reds are getting shut out late. <_<

Harang has given up 5 hits and 2 earned runs in the first two innings, as well as hit a batter. The Reds are down 2-0 in the top of the 3rd.

Hope Harang settles down...

I hope the bats wake up! The Reds are getting shut out late. <_<

Got a run on a sacrifice fly. Whoopee! :rolleyes:

Well, the bats DIDN'T wake up. At least nothing capable of producing more than ONE run and nothing the first 7 innings. Harang hasn't won a game since the 25th of May. He's struggling... Another one struggling ?? Rosales, who's now batting a whoping .202. The Brewers lost again, but the Cardinals and Cubs won yet again and we drop to .500 and 4 games back. What was it I was saying about the teams in our division heating up ??

Well, the bats DIDN'T wake up. At least nothing capable of producing more than ONE run and nothing the first 7 innings. Harang hasn't won a game since the 25th of May. He's struggling... Another one struggling ?? Rosales, who's now batting a whoping .202. The Brewers lost again, but the Cardinals and Cubs won yet again and we drop to .500 and 4 games back. What was it I was saying about the teams in our division heating up ??

They are in dire need of a bat...or its over....all these years no pitching and good offense and now its switched.... :wacko: