Reds vs. Padres

ArmyBengal

The Reds kick off a 3 game series against the reeling Padres who have lost 5 straight. Harang starts things off Friday with Volquez and Arroyo getting the start in games 2 and 3. Crazy to think about this pitching staff and how well they are doing at this time. Hopefully Votto is feeling better (another day off should help) and can get himself back into the lineup soon.

Here's hoping to see the team continue to play well and walk away with another series sweep. 23-14 would work just fine for me !!!

yeah in years past I would look to see who was pitching for the Reds to decide whether they had a chance to win that night. Now it doesn't matter who is starting, they have a chance to win every night! I just hope Votto gets back soon and that Rosales can clean up his fielding some. If he does Edwin may never see the field again. I am starting to think that Alex Gonzalez may never become the everyday start either. Not that it hurts my feelings much, but I hate to see so much money tied up in guys that aren't starting.

well last night sucked. though harang never looked at his best during the night.

They hung with him one inning too long. I was really surprised when they didn't pinch hit for him in his last at bat...

yeah i was thinking the same thing. oh well, here's to hoping they will hop back tonight with volquez on the mound.

Hey Look!!! It's a game Dusty cost us! C'mon Dbag, even a fan knows you have to pinchhit for Harang there!!!! Killin me smalls.

Now in game 2 of the series we're in extra innings after leading late in the game. C'mon!!! Close this s**t out boys! :angry:

Sorry for the absence here fellas. I guess the wheels just fell off out there in San Diego. They really can't afford to get swept in a series like that against a team playing as porly as the Padres had been prior to their series together. This drops us all the way down to 4th in the Division. It's still tight and I didn't expect them to win the Division, so I'm not all overly concerned, but they just can't afford that kind of series.

Here's to hoping they can turn it around against the Phillies !!!

True, I just hate to see a team that is hot (Reds), going against a team that is in a total slump at the bottom of their division (Padres) and getting swept in the series. The Reds aren't the kind of team that can afford to have that happen when they have teams like the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers in the same division. It will be to difficult to overcome later on and they will miss those games come time to start talking about the wildcard race.