1st Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

Welcome to the 2009 NFL Draft weekend (Bengalszone Style) !!! It's the weekend on the east coast...

This is the place to discuss everything there is about who the Bengals take in the 1st round...

To start this up, I will say the Bengals end up taking Andre Smith, OT, Alabama. I have heard recently though that the Chiefs were looking at the DE out of LSU, Tyson Jackson as they are apparently in love with the kid and how he could work in their scheme. That would leave one of either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe on the board at #6. I still don't see Curry getting by Seattle OR Cleveland, but that would be my hope at that point.

I'm also still hoping for a trade down as well, but really betting against it.

I've all but given up hope on seeing Chad moved, but it's not over til it's over...

Have fun this weekend with whatever you all have going on, but if you will be on the site, I will be here ALL WEEKEND long !!!

I'm looking forward to the conversation !!!

WHODEY !!!

EDIT: Reminder to please try to keep all draft related conversation about who the Bengals may take in this thread and keep things as neat as possible.

Thanks !!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't bother me if we took Curry over Andre Smith. We need OL more then we do LB but I believe if we do take Curry we'd have one of the most vicious LB corps in the NFL. Only if Odell wasn't so stupid :angry: .....

I want to know what Marvin is going to do if Orakpo and Andre Smith are sitting their at number six.

We do have needs at both, the only thing is we got Levi, Whit, and Collins at tackle and not nearly as much depth on the Dline.

Personally, I have come to accept Andre Smith as our pick, but I would rather have Orakpo because we can get a OT in round 3 that can see some significant tick this season!

I want Curry.

I have been seeing us passing on Monroe and taking Smith? I mean really?

Anyway give me Curry.

Curry or Orakpo, no need for OT in the first 6, we can get a good one in rd 3. C in rd 2.

I want Curry.

I have been seeing us passing on Monroe and taking Smith? I mean really?

Anyway give me Curry.

Curry or Orakpo, no need for OT in the first 6, we can get a good one in rd 3. C in rd 2.

Unless Monroe is there, then it comes down to Monroe and Curry

I'm not big on Monroe with his history of knee problems, we are trying to get rid of an offensive linemen with bad knees why get one who has already missed significant time with a knee problem already? Like we said before turn on the film and Andre Smith is kicking butt everytime including a couple of defensive ends (Harvey,Anderson) that were drafted in the first round in previous years. I think Andre Smith will have a chip on his shoulder from here on out to prove the naysayers wrong.

There are three or four options I could be happy with but Andre Smith or Curry would be my first choices. And yeah, I still have plenty of manlove for Orakpo but the chance of Curry being available seems more realistic than before. Moves that would displease me in small ways involve Monroe and Oher. Amping up the anger would be any move for any offensive skill position.

Truth be told I'm far more interested in what happens with #38 than #6 due to my strong belief the Bengals will get a very good player in the 1st round regardless of which direction they turn.

Truth be told I'm far more interested in what happens with #38 than #6 due to my strong belief the Bengals will get a very good player in the 1st round regardless of which direction they turn.

Even trading out of the #6 spot? :unsure: