Question about looking into next years draft...

So I was wondering how much do you think the following year's group of players factors into what a team does in regards to planning ?? I would think it is limited because you can't determine anything with any certainty, but was still curious. Here's what I was looking at and made me start wondering...

We have a need at MLB, but we have Dhani holding it down. Do we go after a guy like Maualuga or Laurinaitis knowing we have Dhani or do we wait until next year to get the MLB when next year's draft class of MLB is looking pretty stacked with Spikes out of Florida and McClain out of Alabama ?? After that, there are another 4 that could go in the 2nd round.

I get they could move up and down and injuries are a factor, but you get what I'm saying.

Let's look at the Center position. This year the draft is PACKED full of Centers that I feel will come in and help this team. Next year there's ONE that is projected to go in the first two rounds and he doesn't even weigh 300 pounds at this time. The highest rated 300+ pound center is currently projected as a 4th rounder. How can we not address such a glaring need when the future isn't looking any better the upcoming season ??

Once again, I understand things can change...

You can go on and on with this. The defensive end class for next season looks just crazy at this point with up to 7 DE's that have 1st round talent. Cornerbacks for next year looked stacked as well with better than 10 having 2nd round talent or better.

I'm basically looking at our positions of need and like I said, was just curious to how next year's class impacts this year's decisions...

I don't think player evaluation would affect the Bengals draft plans. It might for the Lions if they like next year's QB crop better and since they're rebuilding anyway.

Ya but do you put it off a year or two and put your job in a rookie QB's hands or take him first year and let him develop?

There are two guys that jump off the screen for me in next years class.

Terrance Cody

Brandon Spikes

Those are the two I'll be watching closely this upcoming college season and are hopes for next years draft.

Spikes more than Cody at this point due to thinking MLB will be a greater need, but Cody is a BEAST !!!

I don't think player evaluation would affect the Bengals draft plans. It might for the Lions if they like next year's QB crop better and since they're rebuilding anyway.

Ya but do you put it off a year or two and put your job in a rookie QB's hands or take him first year and let him develop?

Which is why I say the Lions take Stafford. You bring him in and let him develop under Culpepper (if he can stay healthy) and then if the OT they are going to draft with either the #20 or first pick in the 2nd isn't good enough, you get one the following year. Stafford would have a year in the system and they could be building the line to protect him when he does step in.

It can be argued either way, but that's part of the reason I asked the question to begin with.

Next year's draft is looking stacked at many different positions.