Aaron Curry possibly falling to 6?

Whur CHad At?

Do you guys believe that Aaron Curry could fall to us at 6. I am seeing more and more mocks in which he is not taken in the top 5. I heard the knock on him is that a lot of GM's are weary of his ability to rush the passer.

I disagree, if you look at the tape this guy has the fastest closing speed I have ever seen. He also is just a pure natural tackler which is not seen as much now. I think with a little coaching this guy could be dynamic player coming off the edge rushing the passer. Even if he plays in the middle he still has all the tools to be an perrenial Pro Bowler.

Now if the Cheifs pass on him, and Seattle takes Sanchez, he could fall to us. The consensus with the Browns is either Raji or Crabtree, so I can see him falling to us. If he is there do you take him over Andre Smith? I'd say ab-so-f**king-lutly. What do you fellows think>?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys believe that Aaron Curry could fall to us at 6. I am seeing more and more mocks in which he is not taken in the top 5. I heard the knock on him is that a lot of GM's are weary of his ability to rush the passer.

I disagree, if you look at the tape this guy has the fastest closing speed I have ever seen. He also is just a pure natural tackler which is not seen as much now. I think with a little coaching this guy could be dynamic player coming off the edge rushing the passer. Even if he plays in the middle he still has all the tools to be an perrenial Pro Bowler.

Now if the Cheifs pass on him, and Seattle takes Sanchez, he could fall to us. The consensus with the Browns is either Raji or Crabtree, so I can see him falling to us. If he is there do you take him over Andre Smith? I'd say ab-so-f**king-lutly. What do you fellows think>?

My whole reason for wanting to take Andre Smith is because I believe he is the BPA at a position of need. The fact that he is a true blue chipper should trump most of the question marks surrounding his name.

That said, Curry is a much MUCH safer pick. I very much doubt he falls to #6, but if he does... yes. That should be the pick.

Not sure how that will work out since the Bengals just re-signed Jeanty. But yes, I'd be just fine with Curry as the pick.

I would LOVE to see this happen. Rivers, Johnson and Curry as the starting LBs, with Jeanty and Dhani in the mix would instantly make fans forget all about the failed picks in Odell and Brooks. I also agree with you in thinking he could be an excellent pash rusher and I think he's unfairly knocked based on the fact he wasn't asked to do a lot of rushing the QB at Wake Forest. I really like the fire and intensity in which he plays and he's the best all-around LB prospect in years.

The Lions are bringing Curry in today... and this was a recent quote by Detroit president Tom Lewand when asked last week when Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford would be introduced as the Lions No. 1 pick.

“I didn’t know Aaron Curry changed his name.’’

I know, I know. Smoke screen. Interesting nonetheless, and I very much doubt that Curry gets past Cleveland if he drops to #5. I don't care if they trade Braylon... Curry is possibly the safest pick in the draft. I just don't see him falling to #6.

I just don't see him falling to #6.

Even if he does, he can keep right on falling in my book. The Bengals foremost need as a team is to fortify the offensive line from the one that let Carson get the s**t kicked out of him last year. <_<

I think that Cleveland wont pass on Crabtree. It wouldnt make any sense for them not to take Crabtree because they have absolutley no one to throw the ball too. ]

I do think there is a real possibilty of Curry falling. I dont think he'll fall as far as Casserly has him falling but still

Even if he does, he can keep right on falling in my book. The Bengals foremost need as a team is to fortify the offensive line from the one that let Carson get the s**t kicked out of him last year. <_<

But do you think that MIKE BROWN is going to pass on the Best player in the draft?

But do you think that MIKE BROWN is going to pass on the Best player in the draft?

Hope burns eternal.

Fair enough. We can agree that OT is one of if not the biggest need. If Willie and Levi were both playing well on the team right now the way their contracts expected, you wouldn't hear me wanting Andre Smith to be the pick. Too much of a risk for a player at a position that they don't need to address.

But because of the need, and because of the great on the field skills he has, it is my opinion that the risk is worth it. However, if a player like Curry were available, it would make that risk harder to swallow as a true blue chipper with none of the red flags would be available. In that situation, it makes sense to take Curry and then perhaps trade back up and select a quality OT later in the 1st.

All of that to say, if Curry were to fall, he'd get my vote.

The bid advantage to Curry available at #6 is that there will be teams willing to get in front of Oakland to get him...I can see Green Bay giving us a sweet deal...oh, wait, they'll be on the phone with idiot-Mikey and offspring...never mind.

I would love to take Defense at 6 as long as we don't ignore Oline for the following 2 rounds...With that being said still be hard ignore Mr Moobies who was considered best pick in draft 2 months ago.

Depends who he considers the best pick in the draft.

-Andre Smith was considered it 2months ago

-Aaron Curry is Considered now though I dunno if it's really is...Would love to have the guy

-Jason SMith-Though alot of combine hype he's seen as the guy with most upside of the Otackles.

The players I want....In order:

Curry

Orakpo

Monroe

Crabtree

A. Smith

Raji

If we get to number six and either of those top three is their they will be the pick. If we took Crabtree we would have to trade Chad. If we got Oaklands second rounder for him we could take Best OT available and best Center available in round 2. Then we could get defensive depth in round 3. I would be happy with this type of draft.

Curry

Orakpo

Monroe

Crabtree

A. Smith

Raji

If we get to number six and either of those top three is their they will be the pick. If we took Crabtree we would have to trade Chad. If we got Oaklands second rounder for him we could take Best OT available and best Center available in round 2. Then we could get defensive depth in round 3. I would be happy with this type of draft.

I agree with ya on this, but I'd put Monroe over Orakpo. I think if it comes down to even Crabtree or Smith it will be a tough pick. I'd pick Smith because of need but would not be upset with Crabtree either.

If we do select Curry/Crabtree we can still select Jamon Merideth or possibly Eben Britton in Rd 2 which would be a huge pick up

Curry

Orakpo

Monroe

Crabtree

A. Smith

Raji

The players I want in order:

Curry

A. Smith

I don't need a 3rd, because one of those guys will be there. And yes, before you ask... I would prefer Smith to Monroe. Crabtree is not on my list for players I want if the Bengals were drafting at #32

Curry

Orakpo

Monroe

Crabtree

A. Smith

Raji

The players I want in order:

Curry

A. Smith

I don't need a 3rd, because one of those guys will be there. And yes, before you ask... I would prefer Smith to Monroe. Crabtree is not on my list for players I want if the Bengals were drafting at #32

Monroe

Raji

A. Smith

Curry

in that order for me..

I hope they keep talking him right out of the top 5...finr by me.

Curry would be perfect for this D... Rivers and Curry would solidify this D better than even the Simmons/Spikes tandem we had for a spell.

Grab Britton in r2, then aim for C, DE and TE over the next 3 and there you go, get ready for mini camp.

For me really REALLY be happy with any of these four...

A.Smith His Moobies or "character" risk don't scale me the guy can play football

A.Curry Seems like one safest picks in Draft.

R.Maualuga If Marvin wants his Impact MLB try and trade down and pick up maualuga...Though it's doubtful anyone wants trade up even jaguars wanna go down

B.Orakpo I like me some Orakdaddy our passrush has been horrible for over 6 years....

Then gimme Top Center or Tackle Round 2 and Vice Versa in Round 3...

Does anyone remember the last time we made the play-offs?

We had one of the best lines in the NFL then,Rich Braham,Levi Jones( before injury and made the Pro Bowl),Willie Anderson(Pro Bowl),Eric (traitor)Stienbeck.

In order to win in the NFL you MUST PROTECT YOUR QB and take down the other teams QB!!!

That is THE most proven formula that there is.

We no longer have Jim McNally( the best OL coach ever), we have Paul Alexander who is OK .

Paul Alexander has admitted on more than one occasion that, he can not take mid and lower rnd picks and coach them up into a quality starter the way that McNally did.

Alexander has said that , when it comes to LT starting tackle that he needs to start out with a 1st rnd guy- he admitted that when he drafted Levi.

I know that most people do not follow the draft the way that I do but, you can not take a LB with your 1st rmd pick when you dont need one and -- when it comes to the big picture - his play is not going to be so much better than the LB's the we have or the guys that we can get in the latter rnds to justify it.

When you have a need at LT that is your #1 priority-- period-- more important than any other position to have a quality starter at.

You cannot get a quality starting LT in the 2nd or 3rd round - and even if you could find one of those guys that have what it takes ,chances are, you are going to spend a year before he is ready to start.

Few 1st rnd LT's are busts ( when compaired to any other positon) and there is nothing more important for the Bengals than protecting Carson's blind side.-- This is even mort important because of his injuries.

There is a reason that Bill Parcells 1st pick as a GM was a LT.

The only way that I would consider not drafting a LT with the 1st pick is if Levi Jones is back to his pro-bowl form and while that is not likely , if it were true I would draft DE Orapakpo not a LB.

Look at last year we drafted Rivers in the 1st rnd he was the #1 LB in the draft, he gets hurt and Brandon Johnson (a 5th rnd pick of the Cardinals) comes in and plays better that better than Rivers IMO, or at least just as well.

We had one of the best lines in the NFL then,Rich Braham,Levi Jones( before injury and made the Pro Bowl),Willie Anderson(Pro Bowl),Eric (traitor)Stienbeck.

In order to win in the NFL you MUST PROTECT YOUR QB and take down the other teams QB!!!

We no longer have Jim McNally( the best OL coach ever), we have Paul Alexander who is OK .

Paul Alexander has admitted on more than one occasion that, he can not take mid and lower rnd picks and coach them up into a quality starter the way that McNally did.

Alexander has said that , when it comes to LT starting tackle that he needs to start out with a 1st rnd guy- he admitted that when he drafted Levi.

I know that most people do not follow the draft the way that I do but, you can not take a LB with your 1st rmd pick when you dont need one and -- when it comes to the big picture - his play is not going to be so much better than the LB's the we have or the guys that we can get in the latter rnds to justify it.

When you have a need at LT that is your #1 priority-- period-- more important than any other position to have a quality starter at.

You cannot get a quality starting LT in the 2nd or 3rd round - and even if you could find one of those guys that have what it takes ,chances are, you are going to spend a year before he is ready to start.

Few 1st rnd LT's are busts ( when compaired to any other positon) and there is nothing more important for the Bengals than protecting Carson's blind side.-- This is even mort important because of his injuries.

There is a reason that Bill Parcells 1st pick as a GM was a LT.

The only way that I would consider not drafting a LT with the 1st pick is if Levi Jones is back to his pro-bowl form and while that is not likely , if it were true I would draft DE Orapakpo not a LB.

Look at last year we drafted Rivers in the 1st rnd he was the #1 LB in the draft, he gets hurt and Brandon Johnson (a 5th rnd pick of the Cardinals) comes in and plays better that better than Rivers IMO, or at least just as well.

If we all just admitted that tackle is the smart pick and that we should take one in round 1 then what the hell would we have to talk about??? I am sure about everyone in here would be just fine with us taking a LT at 6, but it wouldn't shock me if they passed on one and took Curry or Orakpo.

I do disagree that you can't find a good tackle in round 2. Right off my head I can think of Marcus Mcneil with the Chargers as a second round guy that came in right away. The Colts restock their Oline like every other year with late round Olinemen(Please save your breath on the fact that they took a tackle in round 1....I know)

You're preachin' to the choir here brother! Too bad many others just can't wrap their heads around the concept because they're too taken with the whole "BPA" B.S.

The Bengals MUST address the OL early and often. In fact I believe next Saturday's picks should be devoted to nothing but that!