Rey Maualuga

Curry-Spikes-Rivers for next 5-8 years

I was thinking about that a few days ago and it seems almost to good to be true huh ??

Indeed...I remember last year thinking we had no chance at Maualuga now here we are picking too high >_<

Well, Kaz, you were right...we have little or no chance at drafting Rey-Rey. :P

Interesting topic, though...being one of the only members who was against drafting Rivers last year, I remember

b!tching about how he was the 3rd best LB at USC in 2007, and next year (this year) was the year of the linebacker....

So my question is....where would Phillip Rivers be drafted this year amongst the Maualuga - Curry - Mathews triumvirate?

Keith Rivers not Phillip. but though I cannot find the article now, one scout had said earlier in the draft process that he would still draft Rivers first amoung Cushing, Maualuga, Matthews, and Maiava

That's interesting....I'd never have thought they'd have put Rivers even with Curry.

It's hard to actually depict that though as Rivers already has a year in the system and has proven, albeit in a limited role, that he can actually produce at the next level. While you can expect that from the prospects in this year's draft, there's still no guarantee in any of it. That being the case, I still take Rivers over ANY of the linebackers in the draft with little to no thought...

Interesting topic, though...being one of the only members who was against drafting Rivers last year, I remember

b!tching about how he was the 3rd best LB at USC in 2007, and next year (this year) was the year of the linebacker....

True, but you were wrong last year, and you're still wrong today.

:lol: