Raji failed a combine drug test

The article says they don't know what specific drug it was during the combine, but that he had tested positive for marijuana at college.

While I don't really care all that much, this will be a red flag for many teams.

So this guy has been a dominant player at his position while smoking something that mellows you out ?? Color me more impressed...

I just think it shows a horrible lack of discipline and great stupidity because HE KNEW they would be testing at the combine. I mean c'mon.

While I don't really care all that much, this will be a red flag for many teams.

What's going to be interesting to see is if a prospect like Maybin is given the benefit of doubt by NFL teams who are typically more than willing to look the other way if a player is using banned substances to get better. I've even heard team officials [Chargers] repeatedly describe a players decision to use steroids positively, as if it were proof of a players comittment and desire.

As for Raji, I think you can expect this news to be followed up quickly by new questions about his conditioning. Because I keep wondering aloud why and how Raji's ample man boobs have managed to escape any serious criticism.

Simply put, I bet that changes now.

Just what this team needs...a guy that uses illegal drugs that can get him suspended and off the field and provide more peer pressure on the guys that are trying to clean their act up.

NO THANK YOU!

This team is trying to clean up, focus, and get better...this is exactly the kind of player that would set this team back another season. Is PBS a football stadium or a half way house?

That being the situation, if Raji drops like a rock, does he have a legal case against the NFL for failure to kept this secure I wonder ??

course not. i'm fairly certain the NFL teams get the drug test results as part of the combine procedure, so they'd've known anyway if he was smoking the Chronic in his free time.

Raji's childhood Idol, who can be seen on the NFL Network these days and recently on Dancing with the Stars, also enjoyed the reefer in college. He went on to see his stock drop in the draft before turning in a Hall of Fame career.

I don't care as much about the positive test for marijuana as many others do. Many professional athletes, college students/athletes and working-class people have done it or do it regularly. I hate the fact that it's now a lose-lose situation for the Bengals, at least as far as the media backlash that would come with taking or passing on Raji with the 6th pick, amid this recent discovery.

Besides, B.J.'s Jamaican. What do they expect?

:smoke:

Raji's childhood Idol, who can be seen on the NFL Network these days and recently on Dancing with the Stars, also enjoyed the reefer in college. He went on to see his stock drop in the draft before turning in a Hall of Fame career.

I really hope you are not telling us that Raji *is* Warren Sapp

I really hope you wait at least until the man has produced at the highest level in the NFL (if indeed he does) before you declare him to be Warren Sapp

All this *regardless* of whether they each enjoy their recreational pharmaceuticals

You might as well observe that a draftable wide receiver has a goofy-looking face, and use that to declare he is the next Jerry Rice, or find a OL with a knee problem and use that to declare him to be the next Anthony Munoz.

Really.

others popping up on the drug radar per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines...L&hl=141999

NFLDraftBible.com reports that Florida WR Percy Harvin, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, and UTEP K Jose Martinez all tested positive for marijuana at February's Combine.

The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks.

_bbq_.gif

I really hope you are not telling us that Raji *is* Warren Sapp

I really hope you wait at least until the man has produced at the highest level in the NFL (if indeed he does) before you declare him to be Warren Sapp

All this *regardless* of whether they each enjoy their recreational pharmaceuticals

You might as well observe that a draftable wide receiver has a goofy-looking face, and use that to declare he is the next Jerry Rice, or find a OL with a knee problem and use that to declare him to be the next Anthony Munoz.

Really.

No, I was not comparing the players in terms of their play styles or NFL careers. That would be absolutely foolish at this Raji's NFL career.

I'm only noting the fact that it's ironic that Sapp endured the same type of situation around draft time in '95, watched his draft stock drop to the point he was available at 12th overall (Denver and Raji at 12 this year?), before becoming one of the better DTs the game of football has ever seen. Meanwhile, the fact that he tested positive for weed has never been mentioned again. Different times and slightly different era noted, it's safe to think that at least some of the teams that passed on Big Sapp based on his piss test at the Combine regret it. With Sapp being Raji's favorite football player growing up, he should have the blueprint in hand on how to overcome this particular type of setback, if it even can be called that these days.

Unquestionably, Raji has the opportunity and ability to follow in Sapp's footsteps in that regard and I think he will be one of the better DTs in the game when it's all said and done and like Sapp, most fans will not even remember or discuss this in 2-3 years (if not sooner). Kind of the same way people stopped talking about Dan Marino and Randy Moss puffing the sticky, once they became elite players at their respective positions.