**NOTICE**

ArmyBengal

This post is for those members here that rarely, if ever, venture out of the Bengals forum.

The forum is going to conduct their own mock draft where any member can take a team in the first round and make the pick for that team.

I don't want to go in depth here, but just wanted to make people aware this was going on.

We will wait before giving out more than one team to each member in the hopes of getting more members involved.

The mock draft thread is located in the College Football / NFL Draft Forum.

It was a pretty good time last year when we did this, so come take a look !!!

JungleD started this out and I sent him an email to see if he had a specific plan as to when to start this off. I'm thinking we can give it until this Friday and then give extra picks to those who have asked for them at that point in time. Seeing as how there seems to be more traffic on the weekdays, we could start this thing off on next Monday officially unless there are better ideas out there. Another option could be to give it until this Wednesady and then kick it off on this coming Saturday giving us two weeks prior to the start of the actual draft. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I'm just trying to assist. Let me know what you guys think here.

The teams still available for those without one and interested are as follows:

#3. Kansas City

#4. Seattle

#17. New York Jets

#24. Atlanta

#27. Indianapolis

#29. New York Giants

#30. Tennessee

#32. Pittsburgh

Forgot we are going to do a poll for the Bengals pick, so we are down to EIGHT teams left...

There are 5 of those 8 teams that are accounted for if we give out a second team.

In going back JungleD's idea was to start this off on the 8th (This Wednesday) and give out additional teams starting the7th (This Tuesday)...

Any objections to his original idea ?? Either that or one of my other thoughts is fine by me.

There are 5 of those 8 teams that are accounted for if we give out a second team.

In going back JungleD's idea was to start this off on the 8th (This Wednesday) and give out additional teams starting the7th (This Tuesday)...

Any objections to his original idea ?? Either that or one of my other thoughts is fine by me.

IMO we need to bump it up one more day to insure all teams get covered.

ill take the chiefs...do i have to do this at an exact time and day or do I have a day or two?

No exact time ditty, but when this draft commences, we would prefer members check in here regularly to make their picks as promptly as possible.

IMO we need to bump it up one more day to insure all teams get covered.

Thanks I was looking for someone else to weigh in on the subject...

OFFICIAL START TIME FOR THE MOCK DRAFT IS:

9 April (Thursday)

Starting Wednesday morning, whatever teams aren't accounted for will be divided between the people who have offered to take more than one team.

ill take the chiefs...do i have to do this at an exact time and day or do I have a day or two?

Please check back regularly...when people start taking a full day or 2 to make their pick others start to lose interest and the whole thing falls apart.

I think we need a 12 hour rule. If you see your pick is coming up and you can't make the pick in 12 hours, a quick poll will go up and after 2 hours of voting the top poll choice is the pick. What do others think? I think 12 hours is more than ample time to be able to do this.

Please check back regularly...when people start taking a full day or 2 to make their pick others start to lose interest and the whole thing falls apart.

I see you remember what almost happened last year. A few members really effed things up. It's not that tough to check in here when you know your pick is coming up.

Agree with people checking in regularly. If people are smart, they will put together who they think their team assigned will pick. If you know you won't be able to make the pick, let one of the mods know so we can take care of it. Anyone else want to jump in on the thoughts of a time frame that limits how long we wait ?? I'd be ok with the 12 hour rule as I think "most" will make their picks in a timely manner.

I see you remember what almost happened last year. A few members really effed things up. It's not that tough to check in here when you know your pick is coming up.

I thought I was the one that ran this year...someone else said they did, but it doesn't really matter. Last year I thought I sped things along in the first round pretty well when ppl took to long I made the pick for them or allowed someone else too. I think the idea of a quick poll would be better though because that way it allows more input.

Agree with people checking in regularly. If people are smart, they will put together who they think their team assigned will pick. If you know you won't be able to make the pick, let one of the mods know so we can take care of it. Anyone else want to jump in on the thoughts of a time frame that limits how long we wait ?? I'd be ok with the 12 hour rule as I think "most" will make their picks in a timely manner.

12 hours is too long IMO. I'd prefer 6 at the most.

I said 12 because what if someone works an 8 hour job that they don't have access to a computer and internet. 12 Hours will cover that time plus any drive time or any other thing that may come up. Obviously ppl don't need to take the full 12 hours. That would be a maximum and the faster ppl pick the better this will go.

I said 12 because what if someone works an 8 hour job that they don't have access to a computer and internet. 12 Hours will cover that time plus any drive time or any other thing that may come up. Obviously ppl don't need to take the full 12 hours. That would be a maximum and the faster ppl pick the better this will go.

As an aircraft mechanic I don't normally access the internet during my 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM work shift. I'm too busy, but I can if I have to. I feel most members here have more opportunity than that.

Agree with people probably making their pick in very little time, as I am pretty sure who both of the picks will be for my team already.

Also agree that some people won't have access at work and depending on when their team goes on the clock, that could present problems.