Tahi signed to offer sheet 1.4mil

TJJackson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't match

please don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't match

And I second....please don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't matchplease don't match

I would love to have this guy, seeing the way APeterson has ran wild the last couple of years, but I do believe that the Vikings will match especially since the FB they were after signed with the Eagles....

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7567

No impact on Comp picks for 2010 because Tahi is a RFA rather than a UFA

Not quite, If you sign a Restricted Free Agent to an offer sheet, and the old club doesnt match the offer, then it can receive draft-choice compensation depending on the amount of the qualifying offer. HOWEVER, in this case they would not, because the Bengals originally signed him as a college free-agent in 2006. According to NFL rules, a player becomes a RFA when they complete 3 accrued seasons and their contract expires.

The Weaver signing made it very likely that the Vikings match. They still have a lot of cap room and just lost out on their #1 target as a FB. Tahi would be a better option for them than, say, Justin Griffith or an old, declining Lorenzo Neal.

Kuhn could still be in the picture for the Bengals, though. If it's all the same, I'd rather have Roy as opposed to any of these guys, while drafting a mid-round FB and signing another UDFA who is a FB. Tahi was an UDFA in the first place and was let go after nearly beating out Jeremi Johnson in '06.

The Weaver signing made it very likely that the Vikings match. They still have a lot of cap room and just lost out on their #1 target as a FB. Tahi would be a better option for them than, say, Justin Griffith or an old, declining Lorenzo Neal.

Kuhn could still be in the picture for the Bengals, though. If it's all the same, I'd rather have Roy as opposed to any of these guys, while drafting a mid-round FB and signing another UDFA who is a FB. Tahi was an UDFA in the first place and was let go after nearly beating out Jeremi Johnson in '06.

Hmmmm only one year deal? anywaysvikings don't sign him :P

I remember hearing someone say that anyone who has a one year deal this year (2009) actually has a two year deal thanks to the lack of a salary cap and change in the CBA next year. He used Matt Cassel as an example.

I think it was Mike Lombardi, but I can't remember.

Hmmmm only one year deal? anywaysvikings don't sign him :P

I remember hearing someone say that anyone who has a one year deal this year (2009) actually has a two year deal thanks to the lack of a salary cap and change in the CBA next year. He used Matt Cassel as an example.

I think it was Mike Lombardi, but I can't remember.

The number of vested seasons required to be a free agent increases from 4 to 6 when the cap goes away. Therefore some players might go from unrestricted free agents this year to restricted free agents next year. Matt Cassel is one of the players affected by this.