Your 2010 Comp Pick Scorecard v3

TJJackson

Note1: Signing free agents who were on your own team at the end of the previous season does not impact comp picks (ala Cedric Benson and Chris Crocker)

Note2: Max of 4 comp picks can be awarded to any one team

Note3: The value of the comp pick is determined primarily by the per-season average of the contract signed

Note4: Restricted free agents are not counted towards comp picks

so

Gain 4th round pick for loss of OT Stacey Andrews

Gain 7th round pick for loss of QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (2m avg)

Gain 3rd round pick for loss of WR TJ Housmanzadeh

Lose 4th round pick for signing WR Laveranues Coles (Andrews and Coles cancel out)

Lose 7th round pick for signing QB JT O'Sullivan (2m avg)

Gain 1/2 7th round pick (very iffy) for loss of LB Corey Mays

Gain 1/2 7th round pick (very iffy) for loss of WR Glenn Holt

bottom line guess

1-3rd round pick

1-7th round pick

For some reason, I keep losing the right to edit existing posts, so instead of continuously editing one single Comp Pick topic, I have to keep creating new ones as edits become necessary

so....thats why you keep seeing this topic being re-created. I'd really rather I had the ability to continuously edit one single thread, keep it to one ongoing thread, but that does not seem to be possible. ah well.

I see us getting a 7 for Holt or for Mays (or for considering both losses) but not one for each of them. Again, without contract terms available, its hard to tell at this point, but between the two contracts, i think one will qualify us for a r7 pick

Uhm, the fact that they became free agents when they were not tendered is exactly what makes their loss eligible for comp pick awards

Comp picks are awarded for a teams gain and loss of UFAs.

Comp picks are NOT awarded for a teams' gain or loss of RFAs

Keep in mind we are talking about comp picks here - what you may be confusing this with is the pick that is paid by the team signing a RFA to the team losing an RFA if the RFA is tendered at the r1, r2, or draft status level (if the player was actually a draft pick)

Comp picks are awarded a year later and are not taken from any team - rather, it is a pool

RFA picks are awarded in the same year and are taken from the picks the signing team already has. If a team does not have a r6 pick, for example, they cannot sign a RFA tendered at the draft status level who was taken in r6 of the draft.

Uhm, the fact that they became free agents when they were not tendered is exactly what makes their loss eligible for comp pick awards

Comp picks are awarded for a teams gain and loss of UFAs.

Comp picks are NOT awarded for a teams' gain or loss of RFAs

Keep in mind we are talking about comp picks here - what you may be confusing this with is the pick that is paid by the team signing a RFA to the team losing an RFA if the RFA is tendered at the r1, r2, or draft status level (if the player was actually a draft pick)

Comp picks are awarded a year later and are not taken from any team - rather, it is a pool

RFA picks are awarded in the same year and are taken from the picks the signing team already has. If a team does not have a r6 pick, for example, they cannot sign a RFA tendered at the draft status level who was taken in r6 of the draft.

Let's try this again. Mays and Holt were not UFAs because they'd completed their contracts and had 4 vested seasons. They were UFAs because they weren't offered contracts by their previous team. They aren't any different than an 8 year guy who was cut, say Pace or TO. Not all free agents qualify for the comp pick formula and Holt and Mays are among those who don't qualify since they have less than 4 vested seasons.

No, RFAs who are not tendered by the tender offer deadline instantly become UFAs.

Agreed they were UFAs when not tendered, they just aren't qualifying UFAs. They are in the same position as Orlando Pace or Torry Holt. Those guys are UFAs and can sign with any team. They don't earn comp picks for the Rams because they don't qualify.

A UFA is a UFA

There is no seperate category for "qualifying" or "not qualifying"

Sigh. So you're expecting comp picks this year for Willie, Deltha, or Rudi? You're going to be disappointed then.

Here's a projection of the comp picks to be awarded this year with an explanation of who qualifies and why.

http://forums.kffl.com/showthread.php?t=247418

you're expecting comp picks this year for Willie, Deltha, or Rudi?

Nope

Those players were cut late in camp

they were not UFAs whose contracts expired going into the spring UFA period

so again - no

did you even read the link he provided? this guy ACTUALLY knows what he's talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelNutDave

Oh, and for the record, do you know if RFAs that are not offered a tender (and thus become UFAs) are considered "released" and not counted in the comp pick formula, or are they UFAs that do count towards the formula?

Untendered RFAs and EFAs become "street" free agents and are not part of the equation. Neither are RFAs who have no compensation attached, only a right of first refusal.

The only type of players who can be included are guys on the official list of UFAs, including transition players (but not franchise players).

it's a closely guarded secret, which is common knowledge. but this guy has been doing this, with stunning accuracy, for many years. i'm not sure there will ever be an "official source"

the picks for the 09 draft get handed out today, i'm betting on a fourth for j. smith b/c of faneca, samuels and turner's contract and pro-bowl nominations. and that sucks.

it's a closely guarded secret, which is common knowledge. but this guy has been doing this, with stunning accuracy, for many years. i'm not sure there will ever be an "official source"

the picks for the 09 draft get handed out today, i'm betting on a fourth for j. smith b/c of faneca, samuels and turner's contract and pro-bowl nominations. and that sucks.

There is no mention of the Bengals losing anything for signing Utech. I am guessing the Bengals end up getting 2 comp picks total, a 3rd and a 7th.

How does New England go out and sign so many guys and still get 3 Comp picks? Damn is Goddell sleeping with one of Bob Krafts daughters or something?

Because everyone they sign is old as f**k and doesn't really matter. They lost a CB to a 10 million dollar per year contract, that is why they get that pick!

With the thought of having another 3rd rounder, did anyone happen to notice this little nugget from Mike Brown ??

"We'll have to see what is there to trade up for," Brown said.

Packing up the first pick in the 3rd and our 4th, the Bengals could move back up to about the 25th pick in the bottom of the 2nd.

Just throwing that out there since our fearless leader brought it up, but agree that it would depend on who was sitting there.

With the thought of having another 3rd rounder, did anyone happen to notice this little nugget from Mike Brown ??

"We'll have to see what is there to trade up for," Brown said.

Packing up the first pick in the 3rd and our 4th, the Bengals could move back up to about the 25th pick in the bottom of the 2nd.

Just throwing that out there since our fearless leader brought it up, but agree that it would depend on who was sitting there.

I wish we would have taken our fourth rounder and sent it to Miami for Satele. Oh well, we must be taking a center in round 2 and that is our starter, they didn't want any controversy.