Red Flags

PJ Hill just was arrested for an DUI per rotoworld, I was checking out my PFW draft guide (so take it for what it's worth) and here are some red flags on some of the receivers, I'll check back if I find anymore, was wondering

if anyone heard anything else on some key guys?

Crabtree- expects prima donna treatment and already thinks he has arrived.

Britt- Can be demonstrative if ball is not thrown his way, was suspended for the Morgan St game for violating team rules.

Harvin- Has a supreme sense of entitlement, talks down to coaches and does not take hard coaching well, suspended in high school(unsportsman like conduct and improper contact with an official)

Nicks- Overconfident in his ability and thinks he is better than he is.

HappyWave.gif

some other character guys

DEs

Ayers Tenn - charged with assault for his role in a fight, light didnt come on until he was playing for a paycheck

Evans PennSt - suspended and charged with marijuana possession

DTs

Raji BC - Missed a year (2007) due to academics, let weight fluctuate and was immature and motivation must be evaluated

Jean-Francois LSU - suspended a year for off field issue, not mature and can be a distraction

LBs

Ellerbe Geo - Character and motivation are suspect, used another person driver license and

had an accident and was charged with DUI

Casillas Wisc - Immature early in career and has had run ins with the law

Palmer Miss - Juco who needs his character evaluated further

CBs

Davis Ill - talks down to coaches, prima donna - thinks he walks on water and doesnt respect others

Harris VaTech - Suspect character- trouble follows him

Francies SanJose -kicked off team for team violations

I really wouldn't hesitate Reyrey because of that it was when he was freshmen has seems very changed since then,More so when you reunite him with someone like rivers.

I admittedly don't know a lot about Rey, as I would suspect most Bengals fans don't, with the East Coast bias and all. The knock I've read recently is that there some real maturity issues with him. Don't know how true it is, though. Maybe one of our West Coast Bengals could shed some light on that. The thing that concerns me most about Rey is his penchant for disappearing for long stretches in games. I've seen a few game logs where he 2-5 tackles consistently in '08 and his best game last season probably was against the Buckeyes, which might have an impact on how our fans view him. As a #6 overall MLB, I believe you should be a factor of every play ala Pat Willis who was only the 11th pick with a much better resume and physical attributes coming out of Ole Miss.

Patrick Willis had a better resume? Most seemed to think had Rey came out last year he would have went higher then willis.

Rey's stats went down this year because he played more within the system vs for his own stats like adsorbing blocks so the other 2 backers could make plays...He also sheds blocks which seems to have been a knock on many top backers as of late...I dunno I think you give Fitzgerald & Zimmer a toy like him and they will work wonders with

That is pretty much the reason his maturity started to get questioned....

Patrick Willis had a better resume? Most seemed to think had Rey came out last year he would have went higher then willis.

Rey's stats went down this year because he played more within the system vs for his own stats like adsorbing blocks so the other 2 backers could make plays...He also sheds blocks which seems to have been a knock on many top backers as of late...I dunno I think you give Fitzgerald & Zimmer a toy like him and they will work wonders with

....Based on his college production in '07, is where the speculation began that he might be a Top-5 pick. I am a firm believer in the USC hype machine, too, where almost all players that come from that school are overdrafted.

Pat's senior season he had 137 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. He also went on to run a 4.51 at the Combine and a 4.37 later at his Pro Day.

Rey's final season at USC had him with 80 tackles, zero sacks, forced fumbles and recoveries, 2 interceptions and one TD (against Ohio State). He ran a 4.82 at the Combine and has yet to have his Pro Day.

These two players are not even close as far as their collegiate profiles go and Willis went 11th overall in '06. Minus whatever questions there are about his maturity (which I think might be valid), he is not worthy of the 6th pick overall. He might be a decent player, but he should've been more dominant with the type of players that surrounded him at USC. There's a reason that a lot of people are thinking he might have the lowest ceiling of the USC backers coming out this year.

....Based on his college production in '07, is where the speculation began that he might be a Top-5 pick. I am a firm believer in the USC hype machine, too, where almost all players that come from that school are overdrafted.

Pat's senior season he had 137 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. He also went on to run a 4.51 at the Combine and a 4.37 later at his Pro Day.

Rey's final season at USC had him with 80 tackles, zero sacks, forced fumbles and recoveries, 2 interceptions and one TD (against Ohio State). He ran a 4.82 at the Combine and has yet to have his Pro Day.

These two players are not even close as far as their collegiate profiles go and Willis went 11th overall in '06. Minus whatever questions there are about his maturity (which I think might be valid), he is not worthy of the 6th pick overall. He might be a decent player, but he should've been more dominant with the type of players that surrounded him at USC. There's a reason that a lot of people are thinking he might have the lowest ceiling of the USC backers coming out this year.

So Rivers was over drafted?

Rivers only had 74 tackles I believe his Senior year. Don't just look at the numbers. USC was so deep and had so many great players on that D that he didn't need to make all of the plays(but still tried).

Willis was the only guy on that D worth a damn at the time so yeah he had to do it all.

I'm sorry, but if that bit with Andrews was what started people to question his immaturity, something is seriously wrong. He was a college student playing football and happened upon a very hot Andrews. What do you think is going through the mind of that college student ?? If it was almost any of us here, you couldn't possibly say you would be thinking much differently.

His play and leadership speak more than that small moment in time. Well, at least for me...

I'm sorry, but if that bit with Andrews was what started people to question his immaturity, something is seriously wrong. He was a college student playing football and happened upon a very hot Andrews. What do you think is going through the mind of that college student ?? If it was almost any of us here, you couldn't possibly say you would be thinking much differently.

His play and leadership speak more than that small moment in time. Well, at least for me...

Your right, that is all I thought about haha.

If any of us were in that posistion with Erin Andrews we would of done it too, no question about it. If you listen to Rey, he is very soft spoken and very polite. He also likes to have fun, which is good for the morale of your teamates.

• 4 weeks later...

Part XVIIV of the Andre Smith pre-draft bizarre behavior saga. He has now fired the agent he worked so hard to pick out who then couldn't keep him from making a jackass of himself at both the combine and his pro day. I love the guy on tape, but at what point are these oddities going to start turning off those of us on the board (and those in the FO) who like the kid?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/13/...es-alvin-keels/

f**k Andre Smith. Just f**k him. Good player but I dont trust him, not with $21 mill guarenteed.

There are some on this board that will dismiss this, just as they have with all of his other episodes this offseason and claim he is a sure thing on the football field. I'll agree that there's too much money at stake to take him at #6, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals still do it.

Part XVIIV of the Andre Smith pre-draft bizarre behavior saga. He has now fired the agent he worked so hard to pick out who then couldn't keep him from making a jackass of himself at both the combine and his pro day. I love the guy on tape, but at what point are these oddities going to start turning off those of us on the board (and those in the FO) who like the kid?

I'd say the longer it took for someone to accept Andre Smith as a potential pick at #6 the quicker they'll drop him from consideration again. Because weak support isn't really a form of support worth mentioning, ehh?

As for me, I don't know what to make of it and I'm in no position to judge Smith off of the field. I've always known the type of player he is so that sort of debate is pretty cut and dried. The boy can play. But beyond that?

Smith has indeed fugged up every decision he could make that involves hiring an agent, but who really knows what that means? Hasn't there been weeks of speculation suggesting Smith's biggest problem was hiring an inexperienced agent who had never handled a 1st round pick before? If true he may have finally gotten things right. Or maybe it's just another sign of something deeper.

I know that all of these guys are inexperienced, as they should be, in going through the draft process and players switch agents all the time. At this point, I still really like Andre Smith the football player, but common sense tells me that there is more to Andre Smith than we know at this time. My mind also tells me that he didn't fire his agent at this point of process to help him get to camp on time, which is also a factor. Worse than having a high 1st round pick with a questionable work ethic is having a high 1st round pick with a questionable work ethic AND one that is prepared to holdout for a lengthy duration. If he ends up with James Sexton as widely speculated, you can pencil a holdout in, which will further negatively impact his adjustment to the NFL game and his possible contributions for next season (which is precisely why people who like Andre Smith want him here in the first place).

I know that all of these guys are inexperienced, as they should be, in going through the draft process and players switch agents all the time. At this point, I still really like Andre Smith the football player, but common sense tells me that there is more to Andre Smith than we know at this time. My mind also tells me that he didn't fire his agent at this point of process to help him get to camp on time, which is also a factor. Worse than having a high 1st round pick with a questionable work ethic is having a high 1st round pick with a questionable work ethic AND one that is prepared to holdout for a lengthy duration. If he ends up with James Sexton as widely speculated, you can pencil a holdout in, which will further negatively impact his adjustment to the NFL game and his possible contributions for next season (which is precisely why people who like Andre Smith want him here in the first place).

Yeah I can see him holding out until the last preseason game. Going off his recent trend, he'll go through 5 or 6 agents after the draft. He'll also probably command #1 overall pick money because he is a fat peice of s**t

Yeah I can see him holding out until the last preseason game. Going off his recent trend, he'll go through 5 or 6 agents after the draft. He'll also probably command #1 overall pick money because he is a fat peice of s**t

another well thought out, insightful comment from wca.

though i'm not impressed by his shennanigans (yeah i said it, shennanigans) this does not mean he'll have 5 or 6 agents before training camp and being a fat piece of feces doesn't mean anything except you'll fit in with the rest of the o-linemen in the league. the guy is dominate on the field and has never been in trouble with the law. his only transgression has been being indecisive which, for a 21 year old kid, is par for the course.

I'd say the longer it took for someone to accept Andre Smith as a potential pick at #6 the quicker they'll drop him from consideration again. Because weak support isn't really a form of support worth mentioning, ehh?

As for me, I don't know what to make of it and I'm in no position to judge Smith off of the field. I've always known the type of player he is so that sort of debate is pretty cut and dried. The boy can play. But beyond that?

Smith has indeed fugged up every decision he could make that involves hiring an agent, but who really knows what that means? Hasn't there been weeks of speculation suggesting Smith's biggest problem was hiring an inexperienced agent who had never handled a 1st round pick before? If true he may have finally gotten things right. Or maybe it's just another sign of something deeper.

Any feeling for what that might mean in the front office? I remember reading somewhere that at least one person up there was a big fan. But that sort of left me with the impression that the others involved were undecided/unconvinced. I definitely could see this hurting his chances of being drafted by the Bengals at #6.

As for me, I guess I'll have to wait and see who he hires (tho, if he doesn't necessarily have to hire an agent before the draft and whoever he does hire he doesn't necessarily have to keep...).

As for me, I guess I'll have to wait and see who he hires (tho, if he doesn't necessarily have to hire an agent before the draft and whoever he does hire he doesn't necessarily have to keep...).

Fwiw, the agents name mentioned in Birmingham newspapers is Greengross, said to be far more experienced than the guy who just got fired and has a history of getting his picks signed on time.