Dhani on NFL Total Access

BlainThePain

Dhani is 6'1 240 which ain't small vs 6'3-6'4 backers that weigh 225-230 that were use too.

That makes Dhani practically the same size as Ray Lewis: Height: 6 ft 1, 250 lb. I don't buy into the whole "How Big Is He" theory. Monster sized Stacy Andrews proved that beyond any doubt to me.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog...Mark Twain

6'1" & 240? Who says this is the truth? Teams fudge heights and weights all the time. If they want to portray a guy as bigger, then they add a couple of numbers to his measurements. If they (or the player) wants to come off as smaller, then their measurements get a few taken off.

In fact - Rod Woodson recently admitted on NFL Network that he was listed as 5'10" or 5'11" (can't remember exactly which) throughout his career - when he is actually 6'1" or something like that. He wanted to play "mindgames" with opposing receivers - he wanted them to think he was smaller than he actually was.

I remember hanging around an Eagles messageboard at the time when Dhani was first signed as a free agent w/ that team (2004) - and someone posted a picture of Dhani in the weightroom speaking with an Eagles' strength/conditioning coach. I wish I could dig up that pic somehow - he was wearing a T-shirt, and there was not a muscle bulge to be seen anywhere. To be an NFL player, he looked more like some MIT geek or something. Someone remarked with disgust that he looked 200 pounds.

Rod Woodson looked bigger than Dhani and he is retired and a DB.... Sad.

I was just watching this scene. Dunno...a lot this visual impression may have had to do with the size/fit of their suits. Woodson was wearing a suit with a completely different fit than Dhani - Dhani's jacket was a lot tighter, whereas Rod wears those big shoulder-padded suits (kinda like when he was a player, huh?) that just hang off of him. Woodson might have broader shoulders than Dhani - but somehow, he still comes off as a skinnier guy than Dhani.

I really like Dhani as our MLB and you have to remember that last season was the first time in his career that he played MLB exclusively in the NFL. He'll be even better this season, especially playing behind Peko and Sims all year. He might not be Ray or Urlacher and he seemed to hit the wall a little towards the end of the season, but he's far from a weak link on the defense.