Possible option at center

JoePong

I could be wrong here, but I think I remember Nate Livings at one time being listed as a G/C when the bengals first picked him up and I thought he practiced there a little bit. I know that's not his normal position, but as well as he played at LG for us down the stretch, is he worth a look? He's a big guy at 330+ lbs and was considered a quality lineman at LSU starting for their national championship team and he played both guard and tackle there.

Or do you think he impressed the bengals enough at G that they think he can start there in place of Whit and they could go with Whit and Collins as the starting tackles?

If Livings can be a quality starter, we might not be forced to take a tackle #1 and can take the best player.

Of all the options people have discussed, I haven't heard Livings mentioned at all. Maybe he is in their plans. The guy is big and moves pretty well (he played both left and right tackle in college, as well as guard in the tough SEC).

I could be wrong here, but I think I remember Nate Livings at one time being listed as a G/C when the bengals first picked him up and I thought he practiced there a little bit. I know that's not his normal position, but as well as he played at LG for us down the stretch, is he worth a look? He's a big guy at 330+ lbs and was considered a quality lineman at LSU starting for their national championship team and he played both guard and tackle there.

Or do you think he impressed the bengals enough at G that they think he can start there in place of Whit and they could go with Whit and Collins as the starting tackles?

If Livings can be a quality starter, we might not be forced to take a tackle #1 and can take the best player.

Of all the options people have discussed, I haven't heard Livings mentioned at all. Maybe he is in their plans. The guy is big and moves pretty well (he played both left and right tackle in college, as well as guard in the tough SEC).

Why did you start this when their is already another posting on the same topic?

Well, to answer your quesion, my original post had more to do with the role of Nate Livings on the team next year than it did about the center position in particular (althought that's how it began). And that has not been discussed.

Would you prefer if I adjusted the topic title to make it more to your liking?

I liked what Livings did this year, and im also curious though as to what they do. I thought he held up great the games he started, but im still wondering whats going to happen to Levi Jones i think that will determine what they do there. If they get rid of him will they move Whitworth, to tackle or draft a tackle. There is to much concern with the O-Line but i feel they will get it fixed in the draft and maybe a free agent who knows.

Well, to answer your quesion, my original post had more to do with the role of Nate Livings on the team next year than it did about the center position in particular (althought that's how it began). And that has not been discussed.

Would you prefer if I adjusted the topic title to make it more to your liking?

That would be ideal,

BTW, I am not hating on your post because it was a good one, I was just wondering why you started the same topic that was already started and I am sure the moderators probably would have asked the same question.

children, children

there sure are a lot of thread fascists around here.

anyway about livings, he's a lot bigger than i thought at 6'5 335, he started the final six games, so he definitly has the attention of the coaches. i think you're right about the potential for him to play at whit's spot. i was never that keen on taking a tackle at six, because 1) jason smith won't be there when we pick and the remaining options all have question marks 2) collins played pretty well on the left side and has received praise from marvin 3) this draft is chock full of talented tackles.

a line that looks like this:

LT-collins

LG-bobbie

C-mack/wood

RG-livings

RT-whit

would be young and enormous. a lot of people, i'm sure, will be hesitant because of the relative inexperience but this late in the FA game it's the hand we have been dealt. and actually on the contrary would have more experience than having a rookie c and a rookie g/t. i think he's a great find joe, and i certainly think he's worth discussing. i know next to nothing about him. did he start at LSU? why wasn't he drafted?

Why did you bother wasting a post by responding?

Probably for the same reason you wasted your time posting a response to my post..........

The real question is why I'm wasting my time responding to a time wasting post of a time wasting response to a time wasting thread.

Or if you want to get extra philosophical, how could you possibly waste "time" when it is isn't even a reality but a concept. It is only an illusion that leads to paradoxes.

And on that note... how dare you two waste my momentary configuration of the universe! Shame on you!

Why did you bother wasting a post by responding?

Probably for the same reason you wasted your time posting a response to my post..........

The real question is why I'm wasting my time responding to a time wasting post of a time wasting response to a time wasting thread.

Or if you want to get extra philosophical, how could you possibly waste "time" when it is isn't even a reality but a concept. It is only an illusion that leads to paradoxes.

And on that note... how dare you two waste my momentary configuration of the universe! Shame on you!

Yeah.