Where is the improvement?

combatbengal

So, I say again, what has this team done to improve since the last game? We're about to lose TJ, we're about to Benson, and we lost Andrews. The off is falling apart! Are we trying to fill any off line weaknesses through FA? No! Are we looking at strengthening our Def? No. You know it's been said that you don't build a team through FA. However, I see it as, the guys in FA have already proven what they can do in the NFL (or what they can't do). The kids in the draft haven't proven anything in the NFL. I would take some chances on some of these FA which would give me a bigger look at draft choices.

You'll feel better once we get Kevin Jones! To answer your question. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. They can't ever do anything smart. All Mike Brown ever did correctly was accidentally draft Carson Palmer. He is the only reason for their 1 miracle playoff appearance in 18 years. They never do anything creative when it comes to free agency, but they make up for it with lousy drafts.

You are still killing me...

Andrews wasn't anything the can't improve upon and I for one am happy he's gone. TJ ?? I would like him back, but am more than willing to move on if he's not. Benson ?? I like Benson and think he will be back. I can't see him actually signing with the Texans to get 7 to 8 carries a game behind Slaton when he could start here. Defense ?? We resigned Crocker and kept pretty good depth with our linebacking corp. I'm happy with that.

I agree that I would like to see some more FA moves, but this is what you get from the Bengals, so it's really no suprise...

Yeah I get the Carson wants TJ back, but the thing that gets me the most is that if they are really offering TJ what it would have cost them to get Jason Brown in here, I will just vomit. The guaranteed money is the big thing there, but what good does it do to have TJ back when Carson is getting lit up like the 4th of July behind that sh*tty

o-line ??

did you guys really think mike was going to actually spend money for a freeagent lol i hope not. the bengals have not done anything right in the past 20 years. you think mike brown is going to change now? that's why when we get a mention on any radio show it is followed by laughter from the host. because mike brown is directly responsible for making this franchise the laughing stock of the league. the bengals do the same thing every year, lowball everyone that does come for a visit. miss out on any quality f/a's, sign a couple sclubs and a guy from canda. then hobknob tries to convince us that this is the best thing since sliced bread and that crocker and the rest depleted our cap space. while we watch our team lose and at best can maybe finish at .500. if we are lucky. mike brown does not care about winning what so ever, it's all about being just good enough so he can sell out the stadium and line his pockets with our money!! that's it!! the only real expectation for this team is, don't expect anything.

What position does Mike Brown play anyway ??

His position is behind every fan, as we proverbially bend down to retrieve the soap we dropped

someone like Unger being big, as he's versatile and can also play the guard position

Go check Unger's 225lb reps at the combine, and tell me you still want him - strength being, oh, shall we say, somewhat important for an offensive lineman

His position is behind every fan, as we proverbially bend down to retrieve the soap we dropped

someone like Unger being big, as he's versatile and can also play the guard position

Go check Unger's 225lb reps at the combine, and tell me you still want him - strength being, oh, shall we say, somewhat important for an offensive lineman

Arm strength, is improtant for the OL, but it seems to me that technique and leg strength could overcome some lacking upper body strength. I dont know anything about this kid though, just spewing my opinion.

If I recall, he did *real* bench presses as opposed to a lot of the guys who were just bouncing the bar off their chests. Also, he has long arms which are an advantage in actual games but a detriment in the gym. Makes the bench press of dubious importance if it's not taken in context.

So while I'd liked to have seen more reps from Unger, I don't want to put too much weight on the combine, as seems to happen every year. Good players drop, and workout warriors go too high.

Where is the improvement?

1. You wouldn't be saying that if you saw Mike Brown's financial records. I mean, the money saved from cutting Willie, Rudi, and Deltha alone... (he did nothing with the money saved by cutting them. No extension, no strategic contract reworking, nothing. Nada. Just pocketed it.)

2. You seem like a long time Bengals fan. Yet you seem surprised. Why?

Team owner and principle handicapper.

If you are asking this question tounge-in-cheek, then you have never worked for a poorly run organization headed by an owner whose only concern is profit REGARDLESS of quality of product.

Like working for Wal-Mart, perhaps. After you have worked there long enough, you either start jockeying for postion to get the hell out, or you get that deer-in-the-headlights look and go on auto-pilot for the rest of your days.

Just ask TJ, Marvin Lewis, or the guy stocking shelves at Wal-Mart.

If you are asking this question tounge-in-cheek, then you have never worked for a poorly run organization headed by an owner whose only concern is profit REGARDLESS of quality of product.

Like working for Wal-Mart, perhaps. After you have worked there long enough, you either start jockeying for postion to get the hell out, or you get that deer-in-the-headlights look and go on auto-pilot for the rest of your days.

Once again, do people think we AREN'T aware who the owner is or him being the bane of existence for us.

Why the constant need to bring him into every thread like you are telling us something we didn't already know.

Again, IT'S OLD...

I get it, I get it. It's just that I'm already terribly aware of that fact and don't need to see it fused into every thread on the board.

It's old...

I agree. It is old and I am as guilty of it as anybody. But, you nail Mike Brown in many of your own threads, so do you just not like other people to do it or what?

Once again, do people think we AREN'T aware who the owner is or him being the bane of existence for us.

Why the constant need to bring him into every thread like you are telling us something we didn't already know.

Again, IT'S OLD...

'

Well I didn't bring Mike Brown into this thread. That would be walzav, with the very first reply.

But I have to say this to you:

I am just as annoyed with random Mike Brown bashing. I mean, if someone jumps into a "draft 2009" or "who is our answer at C" thread with the soP bashing, then I am right there with you in being annoyed.I get it, he's a crappy owner.

But the title of this thread is "where is the improvement?" In other words, "why haven't the Bengals improved this offseason?" The answer to that question, is Mike Brown.

I would say, if the "Mike Brown" answers bother you so much, then maybe don't read threads with titles like "where is the improvement" or "another worthless offseason" or "Groundhog Day again?!?!" etc etc etc.

Because there is only one answer to all of those questions. Its the big elephant in the corner office at PBS for 20 years and counting.

I get it, I get it. It's just that I'm already terribly aware of that fact and don't need to see it fused into every thread on the board.

It's old...

I agree. It is old and I am as guilty of it as anybody. But, you nail Mike Brown in many of your own threads, so do you just not like other people to do it or what?

Yes I have, but that is something I have gotten away from unless I'm trying to be funny about it. I'm just sick of the ones that are in constant bashing mode. You have to know what I'm talking about here.

Hey, I heard the Bengals got rid of whoever. F*cking Mike Brown can't run sh*t.

Hey, the Bengals are bringing in whoever. F*cking Mike Brown can't run sh*t.

Hey, I heard Mike Brown is giving away money. F*cking Mike Brown can't run s**t. I'll take his money, but f*ck him...

Anyway, bash away if you choose to, I'll stop bringing it up. While we are at it, maybe if we collectively try, we could piss in the ocean to change to salt content.