BYE BYE Jason Brown

Clackwoods

It is official, Jason Brown is no longer an option.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941101

Where do the Bengals go from here? I think it is all but guaranteed that we take an OT in either round 1 or 2. I don't think it is out of the question to get OL in round 1 and 3 and focus on a RB or defense in round 2.

They very well could. There might not even be a RB drafted in the first round this year, maybe David Brown but the rest have dissapointed so far. Now do I think Beanie Wells is a 2nd round prospect, hell no! But it could happen this year. There were no WR's taken in the first last year, and it could happen to the RB's this year.

They very well could. There might not even be a RB drafted in the first round this year, maybe David Brown but the rest have dissapointed so far. Now do I think Beanie Wells is a 2nd round prospect, hell no! But it could happen this year. There were no WR's taken in the first last year, and it could happen to the RB's this year.

it's unlikely either falls to the second, if they do that's great, but i'd be shocked if the draft strategy of our near and dear team demands or is based around this expectation. there are good backs to be had in later rounds as long as either ward or benson are in the fold. without one of the two we may be in trouble. but donald brown, i think thats your man, will probably go before we pick in the third.

I actually think there are many combinations that I would be happy with. What if the Bengals resigned Benson and brought in Warrick Dunn as a 3rd down back? How about bringing in Deuce Mcallister and drafting Ian Johnson as a 3rd down back? How about a combo of Ward and Deuce? There are a lot of possibilities...the only bad decision at ths point would be for the front office to sit on their hands....which usually seems to be the case.