Why is Oher inconsistent?

I don't understand how a guy that didn't give up a sack his senior year of college can be considered an inconsistent pass protector. Can somebody please explain this to me? I think too many people on the internet are judging him way too harshly on a handful of drills they got to see on TV. This guy absolutely produces in games. The guy only gave up one sack in two seasons in the SEC. Seems pretty consistent to me.

It's hard to explain, but I'll start by saying it has nothing to do with his background, the book written about him, or whatever feelings I have about the hype surrounding him.

Rather, it's just a gut feeling you get when you watch the guy play. For example, I previously mentioned a play where at the snap of the ball Oher reacts slowly to an outside sweep rush. He surrenders the edge without a fight and never attempts to mirror the pass rusher...preferring instead to lung at the last second. So what happens? Well, it works. The defender is knocked off track by a step and the QB gets rid of the ball. Thus, no sack. Then again, I didn't see anything on the play that I liked and plenty that I don't. I wonder aloud if Oher can get away with those types of tricks in the NFL. And yeah, it sticks in the back of my head.

And there's the rub because there are other plays involving Oher that are lodged in my wetware. Like the one where he stays in his stance for a ridiculous amount of time while a defender blows past him and blows up the ball carrier. The play is over and done before Oher can even turn and watch.

How often does the above type of thing happen? Frankly, I couldn't say and I'll happily defer to anyone who has watched Oher more than the dribs and drabs I've seen. But I'm not seeing a blue chipper. Rather, I'm seeing wierd little mental misfires, both in games and in the recent drills. But mostly I see a near perfect physical prospect who isn't even close to being a finished product. A guy who doesn't belong in the conversation at #6.

Fair enough?

"Oher more than the dribs and drabs I've seen. But I'm not seeing a blue chipper. Rather, I'm seeing wierd little mental misfires, both in games and in the recent drills. But mostly I see a near perfect physical prospect who isn't even close to being a finished product. A guy who doesn't belong in the conversation at #6. "

Hair....exactly.