Beanie Wells?

HAPPYJAQ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only because of the tremendous boom or bust potential he has. Based on that alone, I'll agree that he shouldn't be a Top 10 pick but a mid 1st round pick, where the financial impact is less if he happens to fail.

So Oher isn't worthy of consideration at #6 as I've been claiming for months. So why do you keep bringing him up?

That said, the guy can play and at his worst (minus him being out of football.....

You mention the possibility of him being out of football rather casually.

BTW, whatever happened to Kenyatta Walker?

It's only because of the tremendous boom or bust potential he has. Based on that alone, I'll agree that he shouldn't be a Top 10 pick but a mid 1st round pick, where the financial impact is less if he happens to fail.

So Oher isn't worthy of consideration at #6 as I've been claiming for months. So why do you keep bringing him up?

That said, the guy can play and at his worst (minus him being out of football.....

You mention the possibility of him being out of football rather casually.

BTW, whatever happened to Kenyatta Walker?

Kenyatta Walker was the 14th pick of the draft the year he came out, 6 positions after the our pick this yeart. Last year, the 14th pick signed a 5-year contract for 14 million (9 million guaranteed), while the 6th pick signed a 5-year contract for 50 million (21 million guaranteed).

As I've said before, Smith is a mid-first round pick, at best. The difference between the picks is 5 years and 12 million dollars guaranteed, or the difference between maybe having a Cedric Benson on your team or not (not saying that figure applies this year, more referencing the caliber of player that could be had in today's FA market based on that contract value).

Mathematically, that's why the Bengals can't gamble on a player like Smith, regardless of his talent. Just too many question marks on the kid to give him something like 5 years and 52-55 million dollars this year.

Kenyatta Walker was the 14th pick of the draft the year he came out, 6 positions after the our pick this yeart. Last year, the 14th pick signed a 5-year contract for 14 million (9 million guaranteed), while the 6th pick signed a 5-year contract for 50 million (21 million guaranteed).

The numbers are nice but they sort of miss the point.

Kenyatta Walker = Michael Oher

The numbers are nice but they sort of miss the point.

Kenyatta Walker = Michael Oher

Kenyatta Walker was NEVER considered as possibly the best player in the 2001, so it's not even remotely close. He was considered a decent player with measurables, at best. On a related note, he was also a Jon Gruden pick, of whom you have very high regard for.

Andre Smith<Kenyatta Walker<Michael Oher

Kenyatta Walker was NEVER considered as possibly the best player in the 2001, so it's not even remotely close.

It is if you think Oher will bust as hard as Walker did. And while Walker was never considered an option for the top spot, as some fools once imagined Oher might be, he was considered by many to be the best available LT in the draft and a player the Bengals would be foolish to pass on at #4. And yeah, that sounds remotely close.

On a related note, he was also a Jon Gruden pick, of whom you have very high regard for.

My regard for Jon Gruden isn't all that high to be perfectly honest. However, I will argue he's more qualified to discuss draft related issues than internet dinks like you and I, media talking heads, sportswriters, or whatever it is Mike Mayock has become. Like Casserly both have had their hits and their misses, but they've done it while others only talk about it.