Cincy signs punter

BengalszoneBilly

It's competition time Kyle!

Bengals acquire punter Plackemeier on waivers

CINCINNATI (AP)—The Cincinnati Bengals acquired punter Ryan Plackemeier on waivers Friday from the Washington Redskins.

Seattle drafted Plackemeier in 2006, and he was the Seahawks’ regular punter for two seasons. He was waived in September and signed by Washington. He punted 55 times for a 41.7-yard average during 10 games with the Redskins.

The terms and length of Plackemeier’s deal were not released.

Kyle Larson has been the Bengals’ regular punter since 2004. In a similar move last February, Cincinnati signed free-agent punter Danny Baugher to a two-year deal, then re-signed Larson.

Larson averaged 39.5 yards a punt last season and twice tied a team record with 11 punts in a game. His 100 punts in the season broke the Bengals’ record of 94 by Daniel Pope in 2000.

It's competition time Kyle!

Bengals acquire punter Plackemeier on waivers

CINCINNATI (AP)—The Cincinnati Bengals acquired punter Ryan Plackemeier on waivers Friday from the Washington Redskins.

Seattle drafted Plackemeier in 2006, and he was the Seahawks’ regular punter for two seasons. He was waived in September and signed by Washington. He punted 55 times for a 41.7-yard average during 10 games with the Redskins.

The terms and length of Plackemeier’s deal were not released.

Kyle Larson has been the Bengals’ regular punter since 2004. In a similar move last February, Cincinnati signed free-agent punter Danny Baugher to a two-year deal, then re-signed Larson.

Larson averaged 39.5 yards a punt last season and twice tied a team record with 11 punts in a game. His 100 punts in the season broke the Bengals’ record of 94 by Daniel Pope in 2000.

I am not really excited about the guy. I think he kicked for them in their superbowl year, but other than that he hasn't done much. 3 teams in 5 years and 2 yards more per punt than larson. LALALALA Bring in a drafted punter that is actually good and I will get excited.

The only thing I am encouraged about is the moves that Cincy is making, first signing Coats and now looking at fixing their punter issues. This just means they realize what they must do and they are taking steps to get it done.

Still think you take huber if he's there in one of the later rounds...well this guy doesn't have a good track record in the Nfl neither did Shayne till he came to cinci.

I think a draft pick on a punter isnt warranted this year, Larsons was last in punting and really shouldnt be in the NFL, this guy they picked up at least he's usable, now is Huber that good, maybe, Im just saying if they use a draft pick on Huber theyll feel like its an obligation to keep Huber even if he sucks during training camp and IMO thats why theyre always entering the season with guys on their roster who shouldnt be. Just saying

Huber that good, maybe, Im just saying if they use a draft pick on Huber theyll feel like its an obligation to keep Huber

Well they didn't feel required to keep mccneal,Bigtoe amoung other later draft picks on the roster so I do think they'd go with who the best choice Larson was avg his first 2 seasons,Had a good season in 2006 and sucked in 2007 & 2008...So I'd say 1 good season out of 5 is enough reason to draft a punter...Minus Simmons liking what he sees in Plackemeier before the draft..