Charley Casserly or Rich McKay ???

chrishcovga

I've been screaming for Jackass Brown to hire a General Manager for more than a decade. Although, we know he won't do it, Charley Casserly and Rich McKay have to be the top hires for any team if they're available ..??

1. Charley Casserly, - I'm not sure if he's retired, or if he's just working for the NFL Network, or if he still works for the Houston Texans, - But he's got a great eye for how an NFL team is supposed to be built, and his drafts are pretty good.

2. Rich McKay, - is as intelligent a GM as there has ever been. He took a lot of flack because of poor coaching decisions in Atlanta that got him run out of town, but the players that he drafted, "even his high risk versus reward players" turned out to be very solid overachieving players in the NFL.

He gets my nod, because He's got the most experience woking for Ownership that doesn't have a clue how to run an NFL team.

I honestly believe, With McKay running the team, he could leave most of the coaching staff in place, and field a consistent playoff team.

I can honestly say, as I've grown completely tired of even worrying about the whole GM thing. I don't think it will happen and even if it does, it will be some nobody that Mike Brown could bring in for next to nothing and control like a puppet to appease the locals...

Exactly. The "best" we could hope or is Lonnie Wheeler's "powerless GM."

Even if Mikey hired a GM, that person wouldn't be able to fire any members of the Brown family in the front office, and that's the real problem. Bad draft after bad draft, and no one's head rolls, because that head would have to be a Brown's. Screw up the language in a trade deal and allow a division rival to swoop in and get our guy? Any other organization, the guy who fails to correctly dot all the i's and cross all the t's gets canned. But here that person would be Katie and/or Troy, so...nothing.

The structure of the organization guarantees that any success in Cincy will be accidental and fleeting.

I can honestly say, as I've grown completely tired of even worrying about the whole GM thing. I don't think it will happen and even if it does, it will be some nobody that Mike Brown could bring in for next to nothing and control like a puppet to appease the locals...

\sigh true

The structure of the organization guarantees that any success in Cincy will be accidental and fleeting.

Very true -_-

With that being said I'd go with Mckay too.