Collins and Livings

TJJackson

I watched these two on offensive downs, and I liked what I saw

I thought they held up against a top defense, which is as good as anyone could have hoped for, imho

Aside 1: My favorite moment of the game was Crocker cleaning Holmes's clock, tho :-) Crocker is a KEEPER. Extend him NOW.

Aside 2: David Jones did much better than I expected early on, faded late, then got hurt. Collinsworth commented that they MAY be picking on him - hehe, you think? He did well.

Aside 3: Folks, we have a slightly better than average defense all of the sudden. Really :-) Naturally, they'd look a LOT better if the offense sustained drives and held the ball a bit

Anyway....back to Collins and Livings. What did you think?

I thought they held up against a top defense, which is as good as anyone could have hoped for, imho

Aside 1: My favorite moment of the game was Crocker cleaning Holmes's clock, tho :-) Crocker is a KEEPER. Extend him NOW.

Aside 2: David Jones did much better than I expected early on, faded late, then got hurt. Collinsworth commented that they MAY be picking on him - hehe, you think? He did well.

Aside 3: Folks, we have a slightly better than average defense all of the sudden. Really :-) Naturally, they'd look a LOT better if the offense sustained drives and held the ball a bit

Well one game don't mean much. Fitz was taking short drops and unloading so they weren't asked to hold their blocks like in a normal game. They couldn't run so those two weren't blowing anyone off the line. Fitz survived, so I guess those two had a good game.

Well one game don't mean much. Fitz was taking short drops and unloading so they weren't asked to hold their blocks like in a normal game. They couldn't run so those two weren't blowing anyone off the line. Fitz survived, so I guess those two had a good game.

How well did we run on the left side in 2005? Just wondering since you never heard about our running power from the left just our right and a pulling steinbach...plus guycheck is still our center :|

Agree on all points.

First, watching Santurdio staggering around like somebody dropped a roofie on him was hilarious. At one point you could see Toothlessburger look over to the sideline like "get this guy out of the huddle". Monster hit, loved it.

Between that guy and Brandon Johnson, there's some fresh talent on the defense. Problem is, not much of it is in the front 4. But all in all, as long as those guys were on the field, they were great, actually. If they could have gotten any heat on the QB there might have been a game.

The O-line looked surprisingly mediocre - in the sense that I was pleasantly surprised.

Agree on all points.

First, watching Santurdio staggering around like somebody dropped a roofie on him was hilarious. At one point you could see Toothlessburger look over to the sideline like "get this guy out of the huddle". Monster hit, loved it.

Between that guy and Brandon Johnson, there's some fresh talent on the defense. Problem is, not much of it is in the front 4. But all in all, as long as those guys were on the field, they were great, actually. If they could have gotten any heat on the QB there might have been a game.

The O-line looked surprisingly mediocre - in the sense that I was pleasantly surprised.

I thought nbr 90 on our dline played well. Sims was hard to move around. Another like him would help.

I think its safe to say Levi won't play LT this year unless injury takes AC out. But does his play remove a 1st round LT from their plans? I hope not.

It was a bad Bengals team playing a good Steelers team and the Bengals where totally dominated after the first TD drive. 27-3 after that.

I thought Fitz looked ....scared at times? Seemed to be in a awful hurry to pass that ball. 1-9-1 I see only 1 more win, 1-14-1...how does that taste Mike Brown?

Running blocks were pretty bad last night. A fat Jeremi Johnson, a near clueless center, a converted TE - FB and the Stacy Andrews experiment have killed the offense this year.

Glen Holt dropping wide open passes doesn't help much either.

I suppose Livings and Collins held their own. Fritz was dinking and dunking mostly with short dropbacks.

I just want to say I have been saying since about week 3 that our defense was playing pretty damn well. They don't show up statistically anywhere because our offense leaves them on the field way too long.

Again, last night with Thornton out of the middle, the defense looked strong. Only one or two times this year has the defense been rolled over if I recall correctly.

God I wish the Bengals would continue dumping money and draft picks into the defense.... I don't care to see anything but offenselineman drafted for offense next year. I want defensive power!

Nothing much to add so I'll leave it at this.

A healthy Collins, or anyone else for that matter, is remarkably better on the edge than a guessing, lunging, or too often retreating Levi Jones. Collins stood his ground and held where Levi would have retreated. Collins engaged speed rushers at the snap rather than surrendering ground without a fight. And a better than expected showing against the blitz, too. So a very positive showing in regards to pass blocking.

Run blocking...not so good. Start with almost no opportunities as the Bengals overwhelmingly ran towards center/right or extreme right. But on the few occasions I can remember the Bengals running left I'd have to say Collins didn't show alot of power and repeatedly whiffed when trying to block moving targets.

But he looked the part. And by that I mean he didn't look nervous. No false starts. No holding penalties. No breakdowns. In fact, none of the stuff fatboy Warren Sapp warned about in the pregame spewing.