No clear answer

combatbengal

I will make a guarantee this week. I guarantee that the Bengals will not get beat this Sunday! I know they’re not playing but if TJ can make a guarantee, so can I. You know, it’s a shame that we’re only half way through the season and we have to read threats on this board about our first draft selection in 09, Marvin getting fired, trading Carson, games not televised, etc. So much money, time, support, sweat and tears have been provided by all the fans and yet we can’t get a winning team in this city. We can speculate what the problems are and provide ton’s of courses of action to take. But the fact of the matter is, we don’t have a voice in any decision regarding this team. Fans want to see MB step down, requested hiring a GM, expanding the scouting team, new coaching staff, players cut and or traded, etc. There have been talks of boycotting the games and the concession stands at the stadium. The media bashes the team and its leadership. Nothing seems to work. Every game has been sold out this season and the organization has already made their money off of the fans. Not showing up only hurts the pocket books of the die hard fans. So, what’s the answer? Jump off the band wagon and cheer for another team? I can’t do that. Let the Bengals leave the city and pray we get another team in the future? No, it’s too risky; we may never get another team. So, I’m at a loss for a resolution. Frustrated Bengal fan!

Everyone is frustrated and most have been for their majority of time as a fan of this organization. There isn't much we can do except one of a couple things. Either keep rooting for the team hoping against hope that they can somehow figure things out or give up completely and go root for another team. I made an attempt at a little writing (haven't tried it up until now) and it's posted on the main page. It pretty much sums things up for me as a fan. If applies to others, great. If not (and I'm SURE some wil disagree) that is ok to, but it's how I'm going to continue to approach things...

Everyone is frustrated and most have been for their majority of time as a fan of this organization. There isn't much we can do except one of a couple things. Either keep rooting for the team hoping against hope that they can somehow figure things out or give up completely and go root for another team.

Not happening with me. Ever. I reckon it's the same with you too Mark. It's just not an option.

That being said I do root for another NFL team (Arizona) where I now live, but it's far from how I do it for Cincinnati. I live and breathe the Bengals. You could call it a curse. I just hope to see Cincinnati succeed before I go to my grave.

It's NOT an option for me either Billy, as I've been rooting for these guys since I can remember in the early 70's and it's a part of who I am. For those that are newer fans, maybe that connection isn't as strong and the thought of rooting for another team the same way we root for the Bengals is a consideration. That's the only reason I listed it... For guys like you and I, as well as many others here, there's really only one option. Hope and pray...

Everyone is frustrated and most have been for their majority of time as a fan of this organization. There isn't much we can do except one of a couple things. Either keep rooting for the team hoping against hope that they can somehow figure things out or give up completely and go root for another team.

Not happening with me. Ever. I reckon it's the same with you too Mark. It's just not an option.

That being said I do root for another NFL team (Arizona) where I now live, but it's far from how I do it for Cincinnati. I live and breathe the Bengals. You could call it a curse. I just hope to see Cincinnati succeed before I go to my grave.

I am with you on that I would like to see the team succeed before I go to my grave, my last real proud moments of being a Bengals fan was in the 80's when i was in high school even though we lost 2 SB's at least we got there, now we can't even qualify for the playoffs to get a chance to play in a SB...