Want to see a candidate for our 1st round pick tonight?

GregCook

What's your point? That the Bengals should skip their pick? No, they can't fix what ails them in one draft. But one thing they can do is not screw up getting a bellcow at OT. And Smith would solidify that position for a decade for this team, like Willie did for this team back in 1996.

I pray that the Bengals get the number 1 pick! Since they can't give us a regular season at least we can have an offseason. We'll get 1st dibs, and I love to see that cheap SOB Mike Brown squirm about paying a number 1 pick. Under Mike the offseason is always better than the season itself. Only 9 weeks until the season begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! Hell Yeah!! Bengals off-season 09'!!!!! All the way to the #1 pick baby! Who Dey! Who Dey! Who Dey think gonna draft in front of dem Bengals? I say NoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooBody!

What's your point? That the Bengals should skip their pick?

If Mikey could find any way to avoid picking in the top 3, with the corresponding price tag (IN AN UNCAPPED YEAR), he would jump on it

But one thing they can do is not screw up getting a bellcow at OT. And Smith would solidify that position for a decade for this team, like Willie did for this team back in 1996.

Sure, they could get an LT (I prefer Oher (Ole Miss) and I think Monroe (UVA) will also be top 5), but they won't - Mikey has the dreaded Al Davis disease - he'll pick Beanie Wells (mistakenly) thinking that a RB will put butts in seats, and an elite OT can be drafted later (from the MAC) and 'trained' given the right coaching.

:cry:

The concern on Andre Smith is that he is 6-4 , which is almost short for a LT , the reason that 6-4 is a concern is that it usually means that the guy's arms are not as long as a guy in the 6-6 range.

Shorter arms translate into guys getting into your body and getting by you.

This is the kind of thing that does not mean as much in NCAA as it does in the pros.

There have been some that have had success in the pros despite shorter arms but, it is rare.

Philip Loadholt may ultimately be the best OL in the draft but ,he is better suited to play RT because of his weight .

At 6-7 340 he looks alot like Willie Anderson , can he play LT in the pros with his weight? I dont know.

I know one thing, the Bengals better use 3 of its 1st four picks on the OL or have some top tier free agents in the mix becuase, this line sucks.

And the Bengals had better trade down or do some trades to pick up extra picks because , they need more starters than they have picks.