Sims; Ready To Step Up

Thurmanation

Sims Article on Bengals.com

I really feel after reading that, Thornton is ready to step down. I think Thornton has finally realized "hey, im not that good anymore, time to get as much experiance into these young guys as i can before im out of here" and i love when vets start to really teach the young guys.

This by the way is the only thing i've read or seen Bengals related that made me feel good the past 2 weeks.

Even his many critics here seem to concede that JT is a generally "good guy." The, IMO very legitimate, knock on him is simply that he is not an impact player (mediocre at best) at a position that the Bengals consistently seem to ignore. I think he would have a much better image here if - after he was signed as a mid/low-level FA - the Bengals had also drafted his eventural replacement so that he would now be depth/rotation and not a starter. If Sims ends up being the starter (fingers crossed) there's still plenty of room to say that this should've happened, or at least been seriously attemped, 2-3 years ago so that the position would be solid now and not still a training ground for a rookie. Best wishes to JT for whatever he does next, but this definitely should be his last year in a Bengals uniform.

I believe JThorton knows the handwriting is on the wall like the article said he is in the last year of his contract and the Bengals drafted 2 big tackles and extended DPeko,if he is being a good teamate and trying to teach the young guys I am all for that, but we need to get younger and we need to get pressure up the middle so it has been nice knowing ya...I hope that he is ready to step up because DPeko could use some help...

I like Sims in college, and think he'll be a good player, BUT, he's a rookie and needs to rotate with someone, as he isnt used to playing that many snaps, and will take some time to get into "game shape". I like the kid, its just too bad that Shirley isnt ready to play, because i'd like to see them rotate and get some quality reps for the future.

I like Sims in college, and think he'll be a good player, BUT, he's a rookie and needs to rotate with someone, as he isnt used to playing that many snaps, and will take some time to get into "game shape". I like the kid, its just too bad that Shirley isnt ready to play, because i'd like to see them rotate and get some quality reps for the future.

Sims was credited with 7 tackles last week. You Bengal Historians, who was the last tackle to be so aggressive and get 6 or 7 in a game? Has Odom gotten 7 tackles in 6 games?

Clearly the guy belongs. Coach not only didn't this guy play, he didn't even dress for games this season. Another Marvin Moment. Marvin said Shirley is a project, I now wonder about that. Maybe Marvin has been a project all along and still is?

marvin said sims was not ready, but in his one game he played better than thorton ever has. so i don't buy that shirley is not ready. it more like marvin is not ready to admit he is wrong.