Wonder what the thinking is at RB?

walzav29

Perry has looked ok, but nothing special. With his injury history I'm really wondering what they are thinking by not drafting a rb. No one has stood out, but to just stand pat seems odd. I wonder if they plan on bring a veteran? Maybe Perry will look better when everyone is in there.

Perry has looked ok, but nothing special. With his injury history I'm really wondering what they are thinking by not drafting a rb. No one has stood out, but to just stand pat seems odd. I wonder if they plan on bring a veteran? Maybe Perry will look better when everyone is in there.

Well, this year we did get James Johnson.....

I believe he was in the free agent portion of the draft.

Of course we tried to get a RB last yeas (Irons)

We also have a TON of talent at the RB positon.... just need more snaps experience for DDD and Watson

Right now it is hard to really judge the RBs. Our line hasn't opened gapping holes, but I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of outside threats. Indy (yes, I know it was their backups) basically ran 8 in the box for the majority of the game. New Orleans blitzed at will . . . both run and pass blitzes. If both TJ and CJ show up in Baltimore then you've got to believe that the defenses will have to respect their abilities.

All that being said I'll be surprised if they cut or trade Rudi because IMHO neither Dorsey or JJohnson give you more.

Right now it is hard to really judge the RBs. Our line hasn't opened gapping holes, but I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of outside threats. Indy (yes, I know it was their backups) basically ran 8 in the box for the majority of the game. New Orleans blitzed at will . . . both run and pass blitzes. If both TJ and CJ show up in Baltimore then you've got to believe that the defenses will have to respect their abilities.

All that being said I'll be surprised if they cut or trade Rudi because IMHO neither Dorsey or JJohnson give you more.

In the interview with Whitworth he basically said the Saints gameplan was to send the kitchen sink every play and he was saying they had their problems with hot reads and now they feel better about their hot reads.

Dorsey and JJohnson agive you big-play ability. They have the speed to bust a long run. Rudi hasn't done that since 2004.