Someone explain this real quick

walzav29

When you have a commissioner that lets the Patriots cheat ,lie and say they are not, then they get caught.

Then they admit they have been cheating for over 10 years. They get a small fine,which was no doubt paid by the billionaire owner.

Then he said that if they lie anymore they will get it ,they get caught lying and nothing happens to them.

In case you missed it, a couple of weeks ago Willie Anderson said that he was playing basketball with some guys that the Pats put on IR , so they are still cheating by playing games with the roster.

In the meantime, the commissioner has tried to suspend Bengal players for things they did before they were drafted.

As I have said before I was not behind drafting Henry but, how do you suspend a player for something he was cleared of !?!?

The answer is when you have a jacka$$ or a commisioner that plays favorites.

He looks down on the organization, the city,fans ect.... its part of the of his mentality.

He does it because it's a good PR move to make an example of Cincinnati. However it's not a good PR move to make an example of New England or Dallas.

My biggest concern regarding this signing is what it may cost the team if Henry get into another "situation". Goodell has said that he will punish teams for continuing to employee players that make the league look bad. If Henry screws up again (or is perceived to screw up) will it cost them a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.? No one knows, but he'll make an example of Cincinnati, in the words of the esteemed TJJackson . . .

Because he can.

He does it because it's a good PR move to make an example of Cincinnati. However it's not a good PR move to make an example of New England or Dallas.

My biggest concern regarding this signing is what it may cost the team if Henry get into another "situation". Goodell has said that he will punish teams for continuing to employee players that make the league look bad. If Henry screws up again (or is perceived to screw up) will it cost them a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.? No one knows, but he'll make an example of Cincinnati, in the words of the esteemed TJJackson . . .

Because he can.

I know that he keeps threatening the Bengals with taking away draft picks for player conduct but, what choice do the Bengals have ? WR's dont grow on trees.

I didnt see him threateneng the Cowgirls when they were talking about picking up Henry or when they got Packman Jones.

Because, the Bengals are not one of Godell's special teams.

Most of the ragging on the Bengals and blowing player conduct out of proportion is the guy at Pro football talk ,who is a died in the wool Steelers fan and he hates the Bengals because they beat the Steelers.

Remember when the team doctor of the steelers was busted for steroids and HGH-- no investigation by the NFL, no call for an investigation, no stories at PFT.

Goodell plays fovorites ,he sucks ,he is the worst commish ever.

Everyone is complaining about Roger making examples of players of outs but i dont see it like that. We have brought in a large amount of idiots that have had the biggest problems in the league. He is not after the Cincinnati Bengals look in the mirror and realize this team's management is the problem.

If Henry was cleared of charges than why is he suspended for the 1st 4 games?

He wasn't cleared. The first trial was a hung jury and the prosecutor decided it wasn't worth re-trying. That's not the same as an acquittal, and it certainly isn't the same as the prosecutor declaring him innocent.

Goodell doesn't have to hold the NFL's punishments to the same standard as the US criminal justice system. Basically, you don't get the benefit of "guilty beyond reasonable doubt" when your prior history shows you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.