Brett Farve's affect on the Bengals

Clackwoods

Hey now that Brett is in the AFC there is mixed feeling whether he will take that team to the playoffs. In my opinion brett being here hurts the Bengals chances of making the playoffs. The Jets schedule is one of the easiest in the league and they did bring in a lot of talent to a team that was a playoff team two years ago. We already have to compete in one of the toughest divisions in football. If we don't win the division we will now be competing with the Jags, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Jets, Titans, and Broncos for the last spot. I might have forgotten someone but Brett being here is going to make it more necessary to win our division so we don't get locked in a nasty battle for the wild cards. By the way I am a die hard Bengals fan but I love watching Farve play and I hope he does good. If we don't emerge out of the AFC I hope he does so he can go out on top like Elway did. ANyways I predict the Saints will play either the Bengals or Jets in the bowl. I kno that probably won't happen, but I can hope anyways.

Hey now that Brett is in the AFC there is mixed feeling whether he will take that team to the playoffs. In my opinion brett being here hurts the Bengals chances of making the playoffs. The Jets schedule is one of the easiest in the league and they did bring in a lot of talent to a team that was a playoff team two years ago. We already have to compete in one of the toughest divisions in football. If we don't win the division we will now be competing with the Jags, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Jets, Titans, and Broncos for the last spot. I might have forgotten someone but Brett being here is going to make it more necessary to win our division so we don't get locked in a nasty battle for the wild cards. By the way I am a die hard Bengals fan but I love watching Farve play and I hope he does good. If we don't emerge out of the AFC I hope he does so he can go out on top like Elway did. ANyways I predict the Saints will play either the Bengals or Jets in the bowl. I kno that probably won't happen, but I can hope anyways.

I think it affects the Bengals not at all. It was pretty much assumed from the day the schedule was released that the Wild Card spots were coming from a combination of the South and the East.

Even if Favre makes that team a ton better (Which I'm not sold he does)... it just means that they steal a WC from either the Jags or the Texans (Yes... I think Houston is going to be pretty good this year). The Bengals need to win their division to make the playoffs... and that's how it was before Favre came to the AFC.

In my opinion brett being here hurts the Bengals chances of making the playoffs.

We Cincinnati fans will know more after week #6 when the Bengals face the Favre led Jets head to head in New York. I see this as a close game personally.

I still don't think one of the two Wild Cards are a consideration for ANY team in the AFCN. Schedules are to difficult and the teams always beat the hell out of each other. The Division winner goes to the playoffs from the AFCN and that's it in my opinion. Who the hell plays, hoping for a Wild Card anyway ?? Put me in the camp of thinking Favre has one of the worst seasons in his career. No issue....

WHODEY !!!

In my opinion brett being here hurts the Bengals chances of making the playoffs.

We Cincinnati fans will know more after week #6 when the Bengals face the Favre led Jets head to head in New York. I see this as a close game personally.

I see us picking him off five times again.... :D

Seriously, the Jets will finish under .500 this year. Favre is not only learning a new offense, but learning only a few days prior to the first preseason game. By the time he understands it, it will be next year and we'll be going through another offseason full of Favre's will I or won't I retire bulls**t.

Yeah I am not buying the Jet hype. They only won 4 games last year, and they haven't really improved there team that much to give them 10 wins that will be needed to get them in as a wildcard. I really wouldn't be that surprised if two teams from the AFCN make it in the playoffs. I don't see two teams in the AFCN with 11 wins but I could see two with atleast 10 wins this season.

Seriously, the Jets will finish under .500 this year. Favre is not only learning a new offense, but learning only a few days prior to the first preseason game. By the time he understands it, it will be next year and we'll be going through another offseason full of Favre's will I or won't I retire bulls**t.

On that note how do you think the madden curse plays out? Does it get Farve, Green Bay cuz he is in his Green Bay jersey or both? I am interested to see what the curse does. Even retired hall of famers aren't safe. They need to put some old timers on the cover like Bo Jackson

On that note how do you think the madden curse plays out? Does it get Farve, Green Bay cuz he is in his Green Bay jersey or both? I am interested to see what the curse does. Even retired hall of famers aren't safe. They need to put some old timers on the cover like Bo Jackson

I haven't even thought about the curse yet. The Jets should've thought about that before they traded for him.

I'll tell you what though, he's got a helluv an offensive line with the Jets.. He may do damage. I haven't completely wrote off Favre, neither have the Jets.

Agreed, I think that OLINE will do for the Jets what Steinbach and Thomas did for the Browns. And they had a bum at QB imagine a hall of famer back there. He has good recievers and they got a good fb from KC and a young te in the draft. They also added alot of pieces to that Defense

Brett is a great qb and a very likeable character. BUT - he isn't going to magically turn the Jets into an unstoppable force. My guess is they have a below average season. This is unfortunate b/c he is an icon and I wish he would go out with a bang - a great last season - but it looks like he has chosen to go out with a fizzle.

No effect on the Bengals.

Here's the Real Deal.........Brett Favre going to the Jets in no way shape or form hurts the Bengals chances of making the playoffs...........

Here's why........If the Bengals just take care of business like they should, they can be an 11-5 team like '05 in which case, NOBODY has any effect on whether or not they make the playoffs.......

So...in closing.....The only ones that can hurt the Bengals chances of making the playoffs, are in fact ....the Bengals themselves........

So said the Pimp.

In my eyes, the Pats, Colts, and Chargers are the only real locks to make the playoffs. The Steelers are clearly not as strong as past Steelers teams and will have one of the worst OL's in football this year, to go along with a 32-year old lead running back. The Jags are a poor Garrard season away (or a Taylor/Jones-Drew injury) from an 8-8 team, even with their D. The Browns are more pretenders than contenders and have a ready-made QB controversy in the making and I think the Bengals are better than the Browns, Broncos and Titans. I think the Jets will have a lot of ground to make up with all the new faces and will have to have a strong 2nd half to get in. Assuming that the Steelers win the AFC North, based on their strong defense and coaching, that would at least leave 2 realistic Wild Card chances to the Bengals, Jags, Jets, Broncos, Titans and Browns. I like the Bengals and Jags in that scenario.